First Disney Cruise-lots of ?

lmnholds

Mouseketeer
I just booked our first Disney cruise to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary!! I booked through DU and it's a 3 night cruise that leaves on our actual A-DAy,June 1st!! Anyway, this is what I planned please tell me if this seems reasonable. We will be flying into Orlando on May 31st- My husband,two kids and I. we are going to rent a car and go to Nickelodeon Family Suites for 1 night. Then drive to Cape Canaveril and board the ship. Then rent another car after the cruise to get us back to the airport and fly home. I know it's going to be a rushed trip but I don't want my son missing too much school. Has anyone ever rented a car to get to and from Cape Canaveril? Does this plan seem to make sense?
TIA
Lynn

The last trip we rent a car both ways. My dh dropped us and our luggage off, then dropped off the car and got a shuttle to the ship. We did the reverse on the way back. It went pretty quickly.

This time we're using FL tours to pick us up at the Hyatt at the airport to the port and back again. So we can all stay together

We did the same thing last year. We used Budget. They have a booth at the Orlando airport and also I believe they are the closest to the Port of canaveral. DH just dropped everyone and everything off. A shuttle driver brought him back. All pretty simple. Just make sure DH has photo ID to get back in.

Kim

We just returned from a four-day cruise and we rented a car from Budget. We picked up the car from the airport. We used our Fast Break card to speed up the rental process at the airport - a HUGE time saver (see Budget.com for details).

We drove to Port Canaveral -- I dropped off my husband and the teen boys at the DCL terminal and then drove over to Budget to turn in the car. It was VERY easy to find. I stopped at the gas station right on the way to the Budget rental location to top off the tank. Budget shuttled me back to the DCL terminal within 5 minutes.

After the cruise, we walked out to a waiting Budget shuttle and all FIVE of us with our luggage got on the van and went back to rent the car again. I was prepared to go alone and come back for DH & the boys but since there was no one else waiting, we all went together. The process was VERY smooth and easy.

Check out this website for car rental info & maps: http://www.dcltribute.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter