First Day Tradtions

danny1649

<font color=green>Will be wearing some lime green<
Do you plan your vacation starting with your first day traditions.We arrive on Sat. each year and we plan on getting settled in at resort OKW and take boat to DTD and do a little shoppimg and have lunch at House Of Blues.Back to resort to work out details on touring plan then dinner at O'Livia's get a good nicght''s sleep and hit MK bright and early.For 15 years we wouls arrive on Sunday and do HDDR that night then the hayride,we miss that but traditons do change from time to to time ,well some traditons anyway.Thanks in advance for sharing.:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

We usually leave after work so its usually a rush, but once we get to the airport we relax with a bite to eat. Once at the resort (our home resort is SSR) we drop off our arrival packages, grab our backpacks and head to downtown disney. Our tradition is to go to the margarita bar on the water, get a drink, and let out a sigh of relief that we are now on vacation and sit and listen to the sounds of disney!
tom

We fly in from the west so even if we leave early in the morning, we still don't get to the resort until the late afternoon or evening. We don't have any tradition since we plan around the time we arrive. If a park is open late, we usually try that one or we may just have a nice dinner and go to Downtown Disney. Best thing ever is waking up the NEXT morning at DisneyWorld!!!

My husband always wants to make a beeline to the whatever the new attraction is. And then we usually go to DTD the first night to see what new merchandise is out :)

My mom and I take the early flight out, which is usually no later than 6:30. Our flight is 6 AM this Friday :scared1: So while we will be a little tired when we get there, we are usually so keyed up that it gives us that energy throughout the day. We arrive at the hotel by 1-1:30 and usually will hop on either the MK or HS bus, whichever one arrives first. This year it's MK because we want to go to the taco place in frontierland before it closes for the seasonal period. We will then go back to our hotel for a few hours relax/shower/ whatever and hit up the evening hours park that night or if there isn't one. DTD is a good place to go.

We always seem to wind up at DTD on our first day. After checking in, it's a good place to go for just a few hours. While there, we can shop or scope out things that we may want to purchase during our vacation. We also have some lunch. Then we head back to the resort and get settled in our room. In the evening, we head over to Epcot for dinner and a quiet evening at the World Showcase. If we manage to go next September, this will probably be our same plan.

My husband always wants to make a beeline to the whatever the new attraction is. And then we usually go to DTD the first night to see what new merchandise is out :)

My mom and I did that last year. It was my 1st year to ride TSM, so we hopped right onto the HS bus and headed to Pixar Place. It was awesome comine off that ride and being like "Ahhhh we're finally here" This year at MK it'll be fun to ride Space Mt. now that it's re-opened from the refurb. It's been a few years since I've rode that.

Yep, we always try to get in to Orlando before noon, check in at our resort, and head straight to DTD. Then we eat at EOS. After lunch, we usually make our way to MK so we can see the castle!!!:thumbsup2

After a 9.5 hour flight from the UK, there's not a real lot of our first day left, so we tend to go to Walmart or Publix to buy water, pepsi (will I be struck by lightning for taking it onto Disney property??!!!) and stuff, then spend the remainder of the evening at DTD just soaking up 'Disney'. We class the next day as our 'first day...always MK, first ride always POTC, next ride (if it's warm) SM, then Country Bear Jamboree. After that we just go wherever we please!!

Have discussed this year (10 days to go...) going to DHS on first night as there is a 10:30 showing of Fantasmic, but have decided it would be wrong to make DHS the first park we set foot in!!!

Our big tradition our first night is to have dinner at 1900 Park fare!

We fly in and usually get into Florida in the afternoon. Take the ME to the hotel and get checked in. Then we head to the Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours. We always go around Halloween, and it always seems to be a MNSSHP night and closes at 7 pm. So at 7, we head over to the GF and have dinner with Cinderella and the stepsisters.

Then we get to the resort and get to sleep so we can be ready to go the next morning! :)

This will only be my second year of what I have vowed to make an annual tradition, a December trip to WDW. Like last year, my first day will consist of landing at Orlando Airport at 9:15AM, getting my rental car and heading to Jupiter, FL to visit old friends from when I lived down there. Then the 2 hour drive back to All Star Movies this year (Music last) to check in. Tuesday will be my first day at the parks. Not sure which one I will choose first, I normally do it around which park has the extra hours.

The first day is always the best day of the vacation for me. It seems as each day passes you start taking notice of how much of the vacation has gone by.

We always fly into Orlando in the morning. We check in at our resort and go to the pool to relax, grab a bite, and when our room is ready we unpack, shower, and head to MK, staying until closing. For some reason we like the first park we visit to always be MK. We always eat dinner at the Plaza and kick off our vacation with fireworks! :thumbsup2

For me it depends on what time I arrive at DW. If I have a early flight out of buffalo, say around 7am then I usually go to a park the same day. But if it is late then we go to DTD.

We usually get in early in the day, so we always have brunch at the Kona cafe after checking in.

we're from the UK so usually arrive late afternoon and don't have the energy for a park so relax around the hotel and go to DTD on the boat from POR (a new tradition, our 3rd time staying at this resort this year).

This year we plan on going to DTD for an ice cream for the rest of the family while I have a look in the pin shop or something, just relax before hitting MK the next day :thumbsup2 we're saving a day on our tickets for our last day as we have a late flight.

Always lunch at Olivia's, then grocery shopping. Lots of ice cream chips and junkfood!

Don't go often enough to have a tradition, BUT....this year our flight is the Red Eye leaving from Western Canada, so we arrive VERY early (7:45 AM) in Orlando. Our plan is to check into the Beach Club (pretty sure our room won't be ready this early!) then grab some lite breakfast in the club lounge. We may try some pool time....and I would like to go to Beaches and Cream for lunch. Then perhaps hit a park if we have any energy left :goodvibes and end the night with Illuminations. (I have yet to see that fireworks show, as I never wanted to rush with the masses back to the buses at closing) This time I can leisurely walk back to my resort afterwards, so it's a MUST DO! :thumbsup2

For me every Disney vacation has to start by having a leisurely afternoon and early evening at Downtown Disney to buy my 1st postcards, shop, grab a bite, and people watch...then go back to the hotel and write out my postcards, and turn in early...that way I'm ready to start my first full day well rested and ready to go. This makes it easy (and familiar) to be able to do my tradition whether I'm at Disney World, or Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter