First Day Internet Savings

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
Are they still offering a reduced price internet package that you sign up for on the first day?

It was available last fall, and friends were able to use it in March of this year. Free 50mb

I always recommend that unless you absolutely have to have the Internet for work or family reasons to stay off it and use the cruise time to disconnect from the world and reconnect with your family. It makes cruising such a better experience than everyone staring at their phones the whole time.

I give work and family the emergency number that they offer to be able to call your stateroom and call it done. Facebook and the DISBoards can live without me for a few days ;-)

(I understand there are people that HAVE to use it for the above reasons but if it's not required, just "let it go")

Does Disney offer the package like carnival does for posting to social media only...I think it's $5.00 a day on Carnival...

Do you need to get an internet package to use the Navigator app?

Nope. The Navigator app only requires you to turn Wifi on your phone and join the wireless. Internet usage requires an actual sign in so don't worry, you won't accidentally get charged as long as you make sure your phone is in airplane mode so the cellular function is off.

They have a help desk on board if you need any assistance.

When I cruised in December the package was available but it did not show it in the Navagator ( hard copy newsletter) but if you logged onto the internet package site it showed up.

image.png

I had the free internet package on our Magic cruise in March. I asked for it at Guest Services right after boarding. I only used it to email with my Mother-In-Law who was taking care of our dogs for us and it was plenty!

I had the free internet package on our Magic cruise in March. I asked for it at Guest Services right after boarding. I only used it to email with my Mother-In-Law who was taking care of our dogs for us and it was plenty!
We use it for the imessage feature on iOS to communicate with family who are off ship taking care of things. We check in with them in the morning and then again before diner.

What happens when you run out? Do you start getting charged or does it just stop?

Is it easy to monitor how much has been used?

This shows on the app to show how much you have used. Be sure to sign out (top right of app) each time and not just swipe the app closed or you will use all your minutes before you even leave port. Oops

Yes it does end. If you want to buy more yiu can just click on the app and buy more.

image.png

I use it to send emails to my kids at home (adults). I like to stay in touch and tell them what I am doing.....make them jealous ;)
the free package is enough

Now I am sure to hand my phone to the computer person to turn off things that drain the usage. One time my free time was over almost immediately!

it's hard to do but make sure ALL your phone and app updates are turned off! I ate my free 50mb within 5 minutes due to app updates :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter