First Date: Is He Into You??

TomLovesBecky

DIS Veteran
What are some signs a guy is into someone on a first date? It's been SO LONG for me (plus I'm not a guy, lol) so I don't know what to tell my friend. She went out with someone last night and said he seemed very nervous the entire time, kept asking her questions that indicated he wanted her approval (nothing obsessive, though). She said he hugged her somewhat awkwardly at the end of the date and said they would talk soon. He pursued her for some time before this. Today he texted that he had a good time, nothing more. So, guys (or ladies), what do you think? He didn't call her today and she's worried and sad that he has changed his mind. She really does like him but says she will be okay if they are just friends or even nothing at all after this (although they do have to see each other at work on occasion, they work for companies that sometimes do projects together, a few times a year).

Maybe she should call him?

Sounds like he would be interested, maybe he thinks she isn't interested.

He is into you if he calls and asks for another date.

That's what I told her but I had no idea what to say for a time frame. Do guys not call the next day generally? I can't even remember with my hubby, we knew each other before we dated so it was kind of a different scenario.:confused3

That's what I told her but I had no idea what to say for a time frame. Do guys not call the next day generally? I can't even remember with my hubby, we knew each other before we dated so it was kind of a different scenario.:confused3

DBF sent me flowers after our first date.

What are some signs a guy is into someone on a first date? It's been SO LONG for me (plus I'm not a guy, lol) so I don't know what to tell my friend. She went out with someone last night and said he seemed very nervous the entire time, kept asking her questions that indicated he wanted her approval (nothing obsessive, though). She said he hugged her somewhat awkwardly at the end of the date and said they would talk soon. He pursued her for some time before this. Today he texted that he had a good time, nothing more. So, guys (or ladies), what do you think? He didn't call her today and she's worried and sad that he has changed his mind. She really does like him but says she will be okay if they are just friends or even nothing at all after this (although they do have to see each other at work on occasion, they work for companies that sometimes do projects together, a few times a year).
He likes her. Trust me.

If he's the passive type, then he's playing out his feelings through his anxiety. Not the romantic thing to do, but a guy can only get that nervous if he likes her. It's his way of telling her that he wants to impress her.

I bet you he's probably still nervous and trying to format a plan on how to call her again without screwing up. That's why he's taking some time to contact her again.

"If he's into you, he will find a way to contact you"

He texts her that he had a good time, did she text back that she did as well?

If she did then she should have said that back to him. So that way he knows that she is into him too.

Then he should say let's do it again within a day or 2.

Good Luck to your friend

"If he's into you, he will find a way to contact you"

He texts her that he had a good time, did she text back that she did as well?

If she did then she should have said that back to him. So that way he knows that she is into him too.

Then he should say let's do it again within a day or 2.

Good Luck to your friend

She did say, "Me too."

Did he text you or her that he had a good time? If he's using you as a mediary, then (no offense) I think he should man up and start talking to her directly.

Did he text you or her that he had a good time? If he's using you as a mediary, then (no offense) I think he should man up and start talking to her directly.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. They texted today and said, "I had a good time last night," and, "Me too." I had nothing to do with it. I don't even know him.

To me that would be the kiss of death. I wouldn't bother with someone who seemed nervous. And if he wanted approval on things, forget it.

Ok, this is just my reaction, not hers (not calling her at 7 in the morning to see what she thinks, lol)...but seriously? I think being nervous on a first date is normal. :confused3

The fact that he texted her the very next day tells me that yes, he is into her. Give it a day or two and I bet he calls her for another date:thumbsup2 A guy that doesn't appear nervous and calls nearly immediately for a date is IMHO, either way into himself or a player (or someone who is very used to dating alot). I think its cute that he was so nervous.

He's into her.:thumbsup2
He is just trying to play it "cool". Sounds nervous & scared of scaring her off or coming across as a stalker type. He'll call, again.

Signs that he wasn't into her would have been:
1.)obviously checking out other women while on the date.
2.)Saying he'll call and no text or call.
3.)Cutting the date short because he just remembered he had to do...um...something else...change the oil in his car, wash his hair, great uncle's next door neighbor's niece's boyfriends cat looks like it may die & they are SO close.

Pretty much the same things women do to guys-except we don't tend to say "We'll call you"; we ask for the other person's number instead of giving ours.

Personally, I hate it when guys text. Ugh. Pick up the friggen phone and call me. I don't care what century we're living in, be a man.

Rant over...he's interested. But probably won't ask her out for another date for a little bit yet. Before this, how were they communicating? Through email, IM, phone, text? How did he ask her out the first time? Chances are good he'll ask the same way he asked the first time.

Ok, this is just my reaction, not hers (not calling her at 7 in the morning to see what she thinks, lol)...but seriously? I think being nervous on a first date is normal. :confused3

I hope it is, 'cause God knows I am. :blush:

She did say, "Me too."

Maybe that was a little to vague...
She should have replied with, Yes, I had a great time also. or it was fun or something like that. Sometimes shy guys or nervous guys, need a little more info.

I am pretty sure that is normal.
My guy friend and I have been on 3 "official" dates and we are both still a little nervous sometimes. Valentines Day was our third real date and we were some what nervous. I think it is pretty normal.
But when we are with a group of people it seems much more relaxed and
then there are times when we are just hanging out at his house and its just fine, no one is nervous.
But we talk via text saying, hey last night was great, or I really enjoyed hanging out with you. Or we do it through myspace.
I could careless if we actually talked on the phone. I am usually really busy, so texting or a myspace message is more convient for both of us.

Maybe should just send him a text and ask him to coffee or something. That's
what I did.

I would think being nervous is normal. (Not that not being isn't.:thumbsup2 )

I just figured that since I was so nervous, the guy was also.

Eating would get me everytime. Not that I have an eating disorder-I don't. It's more...at the movies, is there a quiet way to eat popcorn? NO. It's crunch. crunch. crunch. Every bite echoing through the theatre. Or going to a restaurant...I always got the chicken because I didn't want to assume the guy could afford appetizer, entree, and dessert...the chicken is usually the cheapest thing. Then I'd get nervous because I'd wonder if I had offended him by not ordering the steak (which I secretly wanted)-thus making him feel like I thought he might be a cheapskate.

Then there is the whole awkward silence-and if I say something will he just think I'm a motormouth who needs to come up for some air?

And I won't even get started on the goodnight kiss possible head angle anxiety vs. handshake thing.

(I know I'm pitiful.:rotfl: )

To me that would be the kiss of death. I wouldn't bother with someone who seemed nervous. And if he wanted approval on things, forget it.

ITA! When DBF and I had our first date it was so seamless, smooth and comfortable. I can't imagine it any other way. Of couse we were both probably a bit nervous and had butterflies but the date you describe seems ackward.

Now DBF and I have butterflies for a completely different reason. Everytime I see him my heart skips a beat and I fall in love with him all over again. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter