First cruise night

erinfarber

Mouseketeer
First time cruiser question. We are leaving this Sat. on the Western Fantasy. In regards to the first nights dinner, I am aware we may not receive our bags until later in the day; how do you dress for the main dining room? If you have the early seating, how would you unpack and iron all the clothes. I know the first night is cruise casual, but I also know, cruise casual means no shorts or jeans. To me; that means iron khakis and shirts for the men and iron clothes for the women. Do most people opt out of the first night dining? If I wanted to iron clothes for a family of 4 the first day , would it be ridiculously crowded in the laundry room? Any info. you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I usually just wear the outfit I wore when boarding the ship (capris and top) the first night. I doubt too many other people are ironing clothes shortly after boarding if you wanted to use the irons in the laundry room. Some Downy wrinkle release and a steamy shower may work some of the wrinkles out too.

Why do so many of your clothes need ironed? We normally send out our ironing to the ship and it comes back the next day. Prices are resonable. We normally only have a few things to be ironed.

Everyone goes to the first night dinner to find your table and meet your servers. They are lax on the first night since they know you might not have received your luggage. We have always had ours before the lifeboat drill.

First time cruiser question. We are leaving this Sat. on the Western Fantasy. In regards to the first nights dinner, I am aware we may not receive our bags until later in the day; how do you dress for the main dining room? If you have the early seating, how would you unpack and iron all the clothes. I know the first night is cruise casual, but I also know, cruise casual means no shorts or jeans. To me; that means iron khakis and shirts for the men and iron clothes for the women. Do most people opt out of the first night dining? If I wanted to iron clothes for a family of 4 the first day , would it be ridiculously crowded in the laundry room? Any info. you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I guess it depends on the crew. But our bags were waiting at our room by 1:00. The showers gets nice and hot so I steamed our clothes instead of waiting for the all so special iron in the laundry. The laundry is ridiculous the entire cruise by the way. Not just the first day.

If you iron your clothes, roll them instead of fold them, and place them in a plastic bag pressing all the air out, your clothes will have very minimal wrinkles. I travel for a living and have never had to do anything but hang my clothes on the bathroom door while taking a shower.

Good luck to you. I hope you have a great time.

Trish

DH wears slightly wrinkled khakis and a golf shirt. I wear slightly wrinkled outfit as well. I hate to iron and avoid it at all costs.

The showers gets nice and hot so I steamed our clothes instead of waiting for the all so special iron in the laundry.

Trish

Word of warning, the steam from the shower can set off the smoke alarm in the room. It happened to us when my husband was "steaming" his suit. You can expect a call from the bridge....whoops.

We just send all our wrinkled clothes out for pressing on the first day. It's not that expensive and it's done well. We do usually do laundry once on the cruise and it can be a challenge.

I agree with previous posters. We usually wear what we had on for boarding. We try to have on nicer outfits for the boarding photos. DH usually will have on khaki golf shorts and a golf shirt with a collar, I usually have on capris and a top and DD will have on a nicer shorts outfit or sundress. They are more relaxed the first night in the MDR's since things are not settled onboard yet for most. If you don't want to wear nicer outfits for boarding (like wanting to wear your swimsuit with clothes over them or really casual) the rolling of clothes and hanging them up right away or while showering works great! Also the Downy Wrinkle Remover works great too and you can get it in a travel sized too! Don't stress over this!! You are going on a fantastic Disney cruise!!!! Definitely go to your first night in the MDR with your best effort in clothes...I'm sure nobody will even bat an eye! Enjoy your trip! We are doing the Fantasy Eastern next year and can't wait!

I also agree that we women stress too much. When we sailed in February my mother in law even bought a wig because she knew her hair would get out of control. Too funny, but she looked polished the entire time. I am thinking of buying one for this next cruise. Last time I just pulled it back into a pony the entire time. Not so attractive but practical.

Word of warning, the steam from the shower can set off the smoke alarm in the room. It happened to us when my husband was "steaming" his suit. You can expect a call from the bridge....whoops.

We just send all our wrinkled clothes out for pressing on the first day. It's not that expensive and it's done well. We do usually do laundry once on the cruise and it can be a challenge.

Ugh. thanks for the warning. Don't want to ruin anyone's cruise. Didn't happen but will certainly make sure I don't do this.

I usually just wear the outfit I wore when boarding the ship (capris and top) the first night. I doubt too many other people are ironing clothes shortly after boarding if you wanted to use the irons in the laundry room. Some Downy wrinkle release and a steamy shower may work some of the wrinkles out too.

:thumbsup2 This.

Except for formal nights, we generally wear what we wear around the ship during the daytime for dinner (we don't live in our bathing suits, so that's not an issue).

:cutie:

Someone told me years ago to pack your "dressy" pressed clothes in the dry cleaner bags and hangers, magic NO wrinkles! As use use them discard what isn't needed so you'll have extra room for all the stuff you've purchased on your adventures.

It works well for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter