First Cruise... Just a 4 day or b2b with a 3 day??

disneyluvnmom

Mouseketeer
So we have booked our first Cruise a 4 night on the Dream in May 2011. :cool1: Now I am on the boards and hear alot about a b2b. They have a 3 night available and I have it on hold right now. My question is for our first time on a cruise, do you think we would be happy with just the 4 night or do we go ahead predict that we will love it and book the b2b 3 night. We are staying in an inside stateroom and the hold is booked for the same stateroom. Should we spend the extra $1500 for the additional 3 nights?? Will there be enough variety that we would not just be repeating everything for those additional 3days. Hope I am making sense. Please help me decide. :confused3

If you book b2b the schedules will be almost exactly the same. However we did our 1st cruise a 4 night last year and we got off feeling like there was so much more we would love to have done but there is just not enough time for everything!!

We are now planing a 2nd cruise and want to be sure to have 7 nights and are debating one 7 night or b2b because of the dream!

I have done 3, 4, 7, 14, and 4/3 B2B cruises.

The only reason to do a 3/4 or 4/3 B2B is that you want to be on the ship longer and can't do a 7 night...or you want to see the Dream. Everything is a repeat--menus, shows, etc. THere is MUCH more variety on a 7 night cruise.

On the B2B, you'll have the joy of 2 muster drills, etc. You almost lose a day, and you have the joy of all the "newbies" being lost after YOU have figured out the ship. On the good side, you have time to get to know the staff and you'll have 2 chances to go to Palo if you wish and 2 Castaway stops.

Im planning my 1st cruise (may 2011) and my 1st thought is "what if you hate it?" then your stuck doing it all over again. We are going to do a 3 or 4 night and if we love it go again in a year.

I have done 3, 4, 7, 14, and 4/3 B2B cruises.

The only reason to do a 3/4 or 4/3 B2B is that you want to be on the ship longer and can't do a 7 night...or you want to see the Dream. Everything is a repeat--menus, shows, etc. THere is MUCH more variety on a 7 night cruise.

On the B2B, you'll have the joy of 2 muster drills, etc. You almost lose a day, and you have the joy of all the "newbies" being lost after YOU have figured out the ship. On the good side, you have time to get to know the staff and you'll have 2 chances to go to Palo if you wish and 2 Castaway stops.

Yep that is pretty much why we are thinking of b2b because we want on the Dream and there are no 7 night cruises.

What is a "muster drill" and what is Palo??

If you book b2b the schedules will be almost exactly the same. However we did our 1st cruise a 4 night last year and we got off feeling like there was so much more we would love to have done but there is just not enough time for everything!!

We are now planing a 2nd cruise and want to be sure to have 7 nights and are debating one 7 night or b2b because of the dream!

Ok, that is good info. That you left your first 4 day cruise and still didn't do everything you wanted to do. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter