• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First cruise ever..how should we get to port from DW resort

As a first timer in February we were able to get an 11:30 PAT 75 days out. As a first timer cruiser we did car rental from WDW. Next time if we stay at WDW the night before our cruise and want to get there before 12:00 we will do limo. If we don't care about getting there later we will do DCL transfer. One of the big conveniences about limo according to other posts is they will make a stop along the way for you. Their are porters at the terminal to take your luggage so don't even worry about that. If the anxiety of being a first timer is really bothering you then do the DCL transfer getting there later IMO is just fine.

OP here.
It looks like it will cost not too much more with Happy Limo than with Disney but I do like the thought of how Disney will handle the transfer of our suitcases. If we go with a limo service, what happens with our luggage when we get to the port? I have visions of us lugging it around with us as we wait to board. I like the thought of the limo, but am wondering if we will be overwhelmed without the DCL bus there to guide us...

We also thought if we don't get an early time for boarding since we don't get to choose until 75 days before, we would probably be better off staying with Disney as getting there at an earlier time would be of no use. Maybe we should stick with the DCL bus for now until we find out when our boarding time will be?

As you can tell, I am such a newbie and am really in need of advice. Thank you again for all your help.

We are newbies too and thanks for asking all these questions as they are helping us too! :goodvibes

Not quite sure what to do regarding getting from our resort to the port.

If taking the cruise line bus, are there different times for the bus to leave for PC? Or do they all leave pretty much the same time. I don't know what time to choose for port arrival if we do take the bus and will it get us to the ship way later than most other travellers so that we won't have any luck signing up for Palos brunch, mixology, etc.

I'm wondering if I should cancel the bus and book a a shuttle or limo for the two of us (don't even have a clue of other companies to book or prices) I am such a cruise newbie and would really appreciate any guidance you all can give me.

TIA

The shuttles will be at the port waiting to fill up with the passengers getting off the ship and leave as they are full, once they arrive at the airport/resorts they will fill back up and head back to PCL... later port arrival is to be expected. I would either hire a limo or rent a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter