First Cruise EVER & 25th Anniversary

Kennywood

Kennywood
My wife & I have always wanted to try a cruise but just never could do it. Well, our 25th wedding anniversary will be in June of 2013, so we're preparing to take our very first cruise ever on the Disney "Fantasy". We'll be taking the Western Caribbean cruise.

Does Disney do anything for such an occasion? I'm not sure if it's done on Disney cruises but I would love to be able to have dinner at the Captain's Table the night of our anniversary. That night should be something special other than another dinner with our table mates.

I'll be using this board a LOT to help plan our trip, so any & all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, this is my first post! :wave2:

You could go to Palo or Remy. Um...what makes you think there is a Captain's Table in the guest dining rooms? The Captain normally dines in the officer's mess Yes, we've seen him in the dining room, mainly when his family was on board.

No, you won't be invited to dine with the captain because it is your anniversary. If you note it on your reservation, you will get an anniversary dessert and "I'm Celebrating" buttons. While 25 is an important number, many guests on DCL are celebrating something--birthdays, honeymoons, end of chemo, etc. It seems that there are celebrations all over the dining rooms most nights.

Happy Anniversary. You can always send a note to the captain inviting him to join you.

My wife & I have always wanted to try a cruise but just never could do it. Well, our 25th wedding anniversary will be in June of 2013, so we're preparing to take our very first cruise ever on the Disney "Fantasy". We'll be taking the Western Caribbean cruise.

Does Disney do anything for such an occasion? I'm not sure if it's done on Disney cruises but I would love to be able to have dinner at the Captain's Table the night of our anniversary. That night should be something special other than another dinner with our table mates.

I'll be using this board a LOT to help plan our trip, so any & all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, this is my first post! :wave2:

First... Congrats on your upcoming anniversary.

If I were planning a year mark as in our 25th anniversary... I'd have ressies at Palo or Remy's.

Ann:flower3:

You could go to Palo or Remy. Um...what makes you think there is a Captain's Table in the guest dining rooms? The Captain normally dines in the officer's mess Yes, we've seen him in the dining room, mainly when his family was on board.

No, you won't be invited to dine with the captain because it is your anniversary. If you note it on your reservation, you will get an anniversary dessert and "I'm Celebrating" buttons. While 25 is an important number, many guests on DCL are celebrating something--birthdays, honeymoons, end of chemo, etc. It seems that there are celebrations all over the dining rooms most nights.

Happy Anniversary. You can always send a note to the captain inviting him to join you.

Thank you for the suggestion about Palo or Remy. As I mentioned, this will be our very first cruise. I heard about "the captain's table" in the past and wondered if it still applied. I really know nothing when it comes to cruises, which is why I came here for some advise. I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks.

We are first time cruisers and are going to celebrate our 25th anniversary in December 2013! I hope to either get a reservation at Palo or Remy but other than that we just plan to enjoy the cruise. I did have the anniversary noted on our reservation but don't really care if they acknowledge it or not.

We are first time cruisers and are going to celebrate our 25th anniversary in December 2013! I hope to either get a reservation at Palo or Remy but other than that we just plan to enjoy the cruise. I did have the anniversary noted on our reservation but don't really care if they acknowledge it or not.

Congratulations! I'll probably schedule dinner at Palo or Remy for that evening.

Congratulations! We are celebrating our 25th this summer on Fantasy. We plan on going to Remy that night. There is an upcharge for dining at Palo and Remy. $25 for Palo and $75 for Remy. We have eaten at Palo on every cruise and have always had a fantastic meal, we've not been to Remy but all reviews are terrific. Enjoy planning! Western Caribbean is our favorite itinerary.

DH and I celebrated our 25th on our first cruise two years ago on the Wonder. We got a special dessert one night after dinner, an autographed photo of Mickey & Minnie in wedding attire, and a certificate for a free massage at the spa on our CC day.

If the Match Your Mate game is played on your cruise, you should try to participate. It is a DCL version of the Newlywed Game, but they try for the most recently married, longest married, and one somewhere in the middle. Everyone who plays gets a prize (alcohol and a spa pass), and the winner gets a bigger prize.

2 years ago we did a 4 day cruise for our 20th Anniversary. Over the course of the cruise we received a small cake after dinner one evening. We Also had a box of chocolates with a very nice card delivered to our cabin on a different night. The wait staff at Palo's even knew it was our anniversary, and seemed more attentive (if that is even possible) than normal. All in all it was a wonderful cruise. :cool1:

We have celebrated our 20th, 25th, 30th, 31st and 32nd anniversaries onboard. We got the usually celebration cake and pin.

On DCL the Captain does not normally eat at a table in the dining room like in the movies or the show the Love Boat. He does entertain sometimes at a table in Palo and were invited to join him one cruise a few years ago. There were about 5 couples and none of us knew why we were invited to dine with the Captain. Unfortunately, the Captain never made it to dinner as there was an emergency that he had to see about but we were hosted by the then President of the Cruise Line, Tom Alpin. It was a lovely dinner!!!

MJ

First congratulations on your upcoming 25th anniversary. Like others have said, you might get a cake, pin, and/or card. We too have celebrated our
25th. I don't remember anything other than the minor things above. It does seem like everyione is celebrating something on the ships. I'd make a reservation at Remy or Palo. Enjoy!

Congratulations on your 25th. DH and I took our first cruise for our 25th in 1999 when the only Disney ship was the Magic and they only did 3 and 4 day cruises. Well we are soon going to take cruise #10 all and Disney and have not looked back! You will have an awesome trip.

We had our 20th anniversary on the Wonder in April of 2010 it was our 8th cruise and first without our 2 daughters. Best cruise ever. It was great not having to wait up till 1AM to get my daughters from the teen club. We upgraded to concierge at the port (stateroom 8102) for cheap money and we we were bombarded with candy, treats and champagne. Also we had Patty from Mexico for our concierge host and she was great. Going on the Magic this Feb for cruise #11 and can't wait.

Thanks, everyone! As a newbie to cruising & DCL, we honestly had no idea what to expect. We've already decided to dine at Remy's the night of our anniversary, so it should be a really nice time.

I appreciate all of the input! It's nice to be able to get feedback from all of you DCL veterans!

DW and I did our 25th back in Feb 2011. Someone on the boat put magnets with celebration stickers on our door the first night of the cruise.. Never was able to find out who did it and our stateroom host stated that he did not nor have he every seen them placed on the doors before.
We have also done our 15th and 20th anniversarys on DCLs.

Congratulations! Our 10th anniversary will be June 2013 as well! I thought we would go possibly go to Italy, but now you have me thinking about a cruise! We've never been on a cruise either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter