First cruise - Disney Wonder Cruise to Nowhere - 10/9-10/11/2015

starry_solo

DIS Veteran
Got back from our first Disney cruise ever!

I thought maybe those DIS'ers might want to put their trip reports together in one post? If not, that's fine.

I'll provide more details shortly but I wanted to report...THEY HAD MICKEY MOUSE RICE KRISPY TREATS AVAILABLE FROM ROOM SERVICE!

I just posted this very brief report in our "cruise meet" thread. Here's a copy/paste

My trip report....

Mom & sister's first Disney Cruise. We had 6 people so 2 staterooms...my family of 4 just elevated to "gold" so we got our gold lanyards. They even gave one to my mom but not my sister. I wonder if lanyards are only given out to everyone on the 7-night cruises (?) because I remembered getting one on our first DCL cruise.

Wondering about the injured crew member too! I hate to say this but my 2 teens were anxiously awaiting for the ship to get close enough for their wifi. :( I was playing bingo at the time. I was also a "stander" on the 2nd (final) session.

Clayton was awesome as usual! We've been on a few cruises with him and he recognized our family! He came up to my husband from behind and started dancing!

Even for a 2-night cruise, Disney didn't "cheapen" this at all. I was impressed with their full-blown firework show (no pun intended).

The food has gotten better with the exception of that lobster pasta at Triton's the first night. We saw a few tables near us re-ordered something else.

I could be crazy but I think they change up the shows just a tiny bit?? My daughter said no, they're the same shows but it looks a little bit (just slightly) modified??

Okay, I am back to write up a trip report.

Cast of characters: Me (SS), sis (JL), BFF (LT) in one cabin and a pin-friend in another cabin (DC). These are all initials for our user names we have on other forums (although mine obviously fits this forum too).

DC decided to join us a few months ago when I was chatting up the cruise on another group I am part of. LOL.

SS, JL, and LT left the Inland Empire at about 9:30 a.m. and were driven by LT's hubby to the Port of San Diego. We arrived shortly around 11:30 a.m., despite the traffic along the way. We took a few pictures around the port of the beautiful Disney Wonder and then went to check in.

They wouldn't let us in without our cruise documents so we all had to step out of line and find them in our carry-on bags. I wasn't sure whether to bring them or not, but we did. Then we tried to hand our luggage to the porter that was right next to the entrance to the terminal, but he waved us over across the street, where the other porter heavily encouraged a tip. Yes, we gave him a tip for our two bags (we only brought two checked-in luggage and two carry-ons).

We got into the various lines and made it through to the end. Check-in was a bit of a pain as they couldn't print my full name (which is what the reservation was under) onto the Keys to the World card. UGH. That was fixed (later) at Guest Services on the ship after they called the stateroom to say that their records showed that I hadn't checked in, UGH!!!

So, after we boarded the ship and had our names called, we hightailed it over to Beach Blanket Buffet for lunch after a short pit stop at Guest Services to check on some information. Staff was in front of the doors, handing everyone anti-bacterial wipes. Meanwhile, DC had not yet arrived. She had taken a train the night before and gotten a hotel room so as soon as I told her we were boarding, she checked-out of the hotel and got a taxi ride over to the terminal. We eventually met up with her at BBB.

After having lunch at BBB, it was time to go to our stateroom to rest. We then went to the Sail Away Party (very fun) before heading back to the stateroom. I decided to call room service to find out if they had the Mickey Rice Krispy Treats (free) and they did! So, we ordered some for the room and gave room service a tip :)

Afterwards, we headed to dinner at Triton's. I had the chateaubriand, medium well, and it was delicious. Then we headed to the shops to see what they had and for some pin trading. Then a brief rest after watching The Golden Mickeys before we headed back upstairs for the Pirate Deck Party, Fireworks, then a Scavenger Hunt and Match Mate. I later learned that two of the contestants (couple #1) were MirandalovesDisney from DISboards as she was on the same floor as us and had the FE up.

I called again for more rice krispy treats, but alas, they were out.

Second Day

Despite not falling asleep until after midnight, we were up bright and early at 6 a.m.-ish. I called room service to order some rice krispy treats (yummy) and an order was placed to be delivered around 9 a.m. (they were delivered at 9:30 a.m. when JL was in the room, feeling a bit under the weather. We ate breakfast at BBB before we went to Triton's to try it out, lol. The Mickey waffles were so limp, I was disappointed :P

We then walked around the ship (after JL went back to the room) and LT and SS played Disney Trivia (we came in 2nd place.) Afterwards, we went back to the room where we quizzed JL and realized that if she had been there, we would have come in 1st place :P The treats had been delivered by room service (yay). Afterwards, we all dressed in our costumes for the 11 a.m. Mousequerade.

I was the Captain:

1c62_star_trek_tng_a_line_dress_red.jpg

JL was the Medical Officer / Commander:

1c62_star_trek_tng_a_line_dress_blue.jpg

LT was the 3rd in command/operations officer/chief engineer/chief of security (we weren't quite sure which):

1c62_star_trek_tng_a_line_dress_yellow.jpg

Obviously not us, but these are the dresses we wore. We went trick or treating and took photos with Minnie in her Halloween outfit (not sure when). First time at 11 a.m., we took a picture against the Halloween at High Seas background. Then after the first Mousequerade, we went to Parrot Cay to have lunch (we learned we wouldn't be seeing Parrot Cay on this cruise [or so we thought] so off we went).

DC slept in and had a late breakfast (at 11 a.m.) so she didn't join us (well, me) until the second Mousequerade.

There were 8 trick or treat stations where they had assorted Nestle candy. If you asked for nut free candy, you got a chocolate-shaped bat, or mini chocolate pumpkins. I went nut free :)

Then we headed back to the cabin for JL and LT to take naps, lol. SS went out again for the second Mousequerade and met up with DC. After the Mousequerade, SS went back to the cabin to rest and get ready for dinner.

Dinner was at Animator's Palatte this night and three of us were on time. We had all ordered by the time DC joined us. I had the vegetarian option (black bean cakes - I DO NOT recommend this, it looks like dung and doesn't taste good either), so I saved most of my appetite for dessert after having an appetizer, salad/soup, and part of my entree. JL had steak, LT and DC had the pork chops (that looked the best). Had the cookies & cream sundae and there were a LOT of people celebrating their birthdays.

Afterwards, we headed to Disney Tunes Trivia (we won 1st place!) and then to Disney Dreams show (it was good!). Then to rest again. I headed to take a picture with Goofy and went back to get SS and LT for the Halloween Isn't Just for Kids costume contest, but they had fallen asleep so I decided not to go.

Disembarkation Day

Since we had the first seating at dinner, we were to have breakfast at 7 a.m. We made sure everything was packed when we woke up at 6 a.m. (although LT left her swimsuit behind in the bathroom and I think I left my nail clippers). We ate breakfast at Parrot Cay (our servers at Animator's Palatte told us that was where breakfast was to be so that we would experience all three dining rooms.) Breakfast was fine but then it was time to go.

All in all, it was a good (but quick) vacation. I'm not so sure that it was worth the money ($500 per person). Maybe if it was one more day, it would have been worth it. I don't know if I would cruise again, I think I'd rather spend the money at DLR or WDW. :)

I didn't hear the announcement about the sick crew member (it happened when LT and I were playing Trivia), but JL (who was napping in the stateroom) told us about it.

We did hightail it back to San Diego on Saturday, arriving around 4:30 p.m. so the crew member could be taken to the hospital, but we didn't dock in port, we anchored a few miles away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter