First Cruise completed! Random thoughts

RMoneyTheHBomb

Mouseketeer
We just got off the dream yesterday and I am still completely blown away by our experience. Here are a few notes.

11/21-11/24 - dream / deck 6 / 6128 / 2 adults, 1 8 year old girl

-The best part of the cruise was easily the crew. Amazing interactions and phenomenal guest service. As a former cast member, I constantly measure service and these people knocked it out of the park. Our sever was "Z", assistant was Katia, and stateroom host was Putu. They knew all 3 of us by name and were like members of the family by the end. I'd like to write a letter and compliment them further. Does anyone know where I should snail or email?

-The weather was rainy day 1 and half of day 2. The sail away was in the atrium and I couldn't help being bummed. By mid day 2 . It cleared up so pirate night could be outside and that was awesome. Castaway was nice and hot! Rough waters the first night. I feel like I am still moving.

-Castaway Cay was amazing. Paradise on earth and I could of snorkeled all day. The rental of mask/snorkel was a steal for what value you got. 5k completed as well!

-The entertainment was top notch. Great shows.

-my 8 year old lived at the kids club.

-The Christmas decorations/entertainment was good. Nice and subtle so we still felt like we got a great "normal" experience.

-

Feel free to move to trip reports or hit me up if there are any questions of our experience thanks to everyone for their help answering my questions.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have an 8-year old (soon to be 9) and we're going in a little over a month on our first Disney cruise (also a 3-night Disney Dream). It's great to hear you had a nice trip! What did you do when it was raining?

We explored the ship, had coffee in cove bar, watched live music acts. Didn't do midship detectives this time. Also did the spa.

The kid was in the club so she was not impacted at all. It was also fun sitting in cabanas outside undercover while it poured.

My husband and I have a 7 yo and a 3 yo and both want to run the 5K. I wonder if the kids club on the ship or the kids club on the beach is open that early so that we can both run it. Otherwise we'll have to flip a coin. :)

Do you recall if it is?

How was your room location? We are on the Fantasy in April, one floor above you in rooms 7128 and 7130. Am just a tad concerned about being so far forward.

Thank you!

My husband and I have a 7 yo and a 3 yo and both want to run the 5K. I wonder if the kids club on the ship or the kids club on the beach is open that early so that we can both run it. Otherwise we'll have to flip a coin. :)

Do you recall if it is?

Bring your kids with you to the morning meeting location (should be evolution) and let the crew know. Once you get off the ship, they will walk the whole group to the start. In the way, they will point out the island kids club aka scuttles cove. There should be counselors there by then to take your kids. They were late with our group so we waited an extra ten minutes. The 5k cast member stayed with us and then the rest of us went to the start. By the time we for there, the race had started, but we still got to run and since its not chipped or competitive, there wasn't much lost. (Other than finishing behind the pack).

How was your room location? We are on the Fantasy in April, one floor above you in rooms 7128 and 7130. Am just a tad concerned about being so far forward.

Thank you!

This was our first cruise, so I'm not sure what is and isn't good about our location. I can tell you we felt movement the entire time, regardless of where we were on the ship, but it was also said by many crew to be a rough ride.

The Walt Disney theatre (full fwd) and animators ( full aft) were the worst. Compared to those 2 extremes, our room was pretty calm.

The view was great with a lifeboat immediately underneath us that didn't seem to spoil the view at all.

To the OP:

When you ran the 5k, were they allowing children younger than 12 to run along w/ parents? My 10 yo has been training and would love to run her first 5k with me next week.

TIA!

We just got off the dream yesterday and I am still completely blown away by our experience. Here are a few notes.

11/21-11/24 - dream / deck 6 / 6128 / 2 adults, 1 8 year old girl

-The best part of the cruise was easily the crew. Amazing interactions and phenomenal guest service. As a former cast member, I constantly measure service and these people knocked it out of the park. Our sever was "Z", assistant was Katia, and stateroom host was Putu. They knew all 3 of us by name and were like members of the family by the end. I'd like to write a letter and compliment them further. Does anyone know where I should snail or email?

-The weather was rainy day 1 and half of day 2. The sail away was in the atrium and I couldn't help being bummed. By mid day 2 . It cleared up so pirate night could be outside and that was awesome. Castaway was nice and hot! Rough waters the first night. I feel like I am still moving.

-Castaway Cay was amazing. Paradise on earth and I could of snorkeled all day. The rental of mask/snorkel was a steal for what value you got. 5k completed as well!

-The entertainment was top notch. Great shows.

-my 8 year old lived at the kids club.

-The Christmas decorations/entertainment was good. Nice and subtle so we still felt like we got a great "normal" experience.

-

Feel free to move to trip reports or hit me up if there are any questions of our experience thanks to everyone for their help answering my questions.

Thanks for your review.....glad you had a great first cruise. We are taking our first DCL cruise in December 2014 and I couldn't be more excited.

Hi there, what time did the Castaway Cay 5k run? Do you need to sign up ahead of time? We leave on the Fantasy in 18 days! So excited!!!

To the OP:

When you ran the 5k, were they allowing children younger than 12 to run along w/ parents? My 10 yo has been training and would love to run her first 5k with me next week.

TIA!

Must be 12 or older to sign up and get a bib. That said, they do say that they can run with you, just not officially. I saw under 12's run and still get a medal, but that seems to be at the cm discretion.

Hi there, what time did the Castaway Cay 5k run? Do you need to sign up ahead of time? We leave on the Fantasy in 18 days! So excited!!!

We met at 815 at evolution. Off the ship around 835. Run started around 845-9osh. No advance sign up available.

I think one of the best parts about the first cruise is you see there is so much you didn't do so you have the next cruise to look forward to!

We just got off the dream yesterday and I am still completely blown away by our experience. Here are a few notes. 11/21-11/24 - dream / deck 6 / 6128 / 2 adults, 1 8 year old girl -The best part of the cruise was easily the crew. Amazing interactions and phenomenal guest service. As a former cast member, I constantly measure service and these people knocked it out of the park. Our sever was "Z", assistant was Katia, and stateroom host was Putu. They knew all 3 of us by name and were like members of the family by the end. I'd like to write a letter and compliment them further. Does anyone know where I should snail or email?

OMG we were on the Dream cruise right before yours & also had Z and Katia. We were joking with them at breakfast on 11/21 how we would get off the ship and then they would have new "us." Anyway, too funny and I agree, they were lovely.

OMG we were on the Dream cruise right before yours & also had Z and Katia. We were joking with them at breakfast on 11/21 how we would get off the ship and then they would have new "us." Anyway, too funny and I agree, they were lovely.

Talk about Small World after All!
We miss them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter