First Christmas Trip to Disney 12/07

Lisa,

Thanks for coming aboard. I know how you feel. I've lived vicariously through my DD experiences as a CM with the WDWCP these past four months. As I also do every time I read a TR. I wish I could be there all the time.

I am really enjoying your report. We had planned to go this Christmas but couldn't so I am experiencing vicariously with your pics.

Hi, I just found your trippie and am all caught up. Love your pics and your family is beautiful. It must be so cool for your DD to be in the college program at Disney. I might have to plan for my DD7 to do that when she grows up :laughing: .

Is your last name Stevens? I'm asking because that is my Maiden name :goodvibes. Your Pug is adorable. We are looking to get one soon or within the year. If you know any reputable breeders PM me :) Waiting to read the rest popcorn:: .

Your pics of the castle are beautiful! Wasn't that just spectacular??? I wish they could leave those lights up for a long time. But, knowing Disney, I'm sure they'll come up with something just as wonderful!

Loving your TR, one question, you said you had heard that Pop Warner was there the first week in December, we are thinking about going that time next year, but I hadn;t heard about Pop Warner, what is it?? Thanks

Thanks for coming along and thanks for the compliment on the family. I too think they are all beautiful, but am a bit biased.

I am a bit behind and didn't even realize others had posted. Sorry about that. I can't tell you how much I loved my dd being part of the college program. It's been an amazing experience. My married name is Stevens. :goodvibes

Our pug (Abbey) we adopted from an animal rescue. I'll pm you some info on finding breeders though.

Love your pics and your family is beautiful. It must be so cool for your DD to be in the college program at Disney. Is your last name Stevens? I'm asking because that is my Maiden name :goodvibes. Your Pug is adorable. We are looking to get one soon or within the year. If you know any reputable breeders PM me :) Waiting to read the rest popcorn:: .

I agree completely, those lights are so amazing. I can't believe how 'normal' the castle looks during the day (you'd never know it was covered with all those lights).

Your pics of the castle are beautiful! Wasn't that just spectacular??? I wish they could leave those lights up for a long time. But, knowing Disney, I'm sure they'll come up with something just as wonderful!

Carri,

I actually read about that some where on the disboards over the years. Pop Warner is a kids football organization and that week is like their SuperBowl. There are teams of football players (and their parents) and any time you have football players, you have cheerleaders (and their parents). Honestly dh and I ran a local youth football/cheerleading organization for five years when DS1 was younger. As a parent, you live for those games, and they are exciting. But, if you want to go to Disney when the crowds are down a little, picking the first week wouldn't be my first choice.

Loving your TR, one question, you said you had heard that Pop Warner was there the first week in December, we are thinking about going that time next year, but I hadn;t heard about Pop Warner, what is it?? Thanks

Sorry for the delay. Wanted to wish all those still with me a very Happy New Year!!!

Now, back to our trip…

As we made our way down Main Street, we noticed it was SNOWING!!!! It was snowing in Disney, in a pretty warm evening, but it was so neat looking. There were so many people lined up already waiting for the parade and it wasn’t going to start for another 45 minutes or so. I found MY spot; that I’ve been waiting for since viewing some photos from Brad on the photography board. I wanted to sit right at the circle at the entrance to Main Street, right where the tracks go to one side of the circle (so you are dead center to see up Main Street). We got there shortly after the fireworks and were surprised at how many people were already there. I set up my camera behind someone who was sitting on the curb (as long as they didn’t’ stand, I’d have a great view). I sat on the ground and started chatting with the mom sitting next to me. As the cm’s started to set up for the parade to start (putting up the ropes and posts) we were asked to move back a little as the one post was right on the curb there. No problem, we all work together while waiting patiently for the parade. THEN!!!! A family comes and sits right in front of the couple next to me (who has been there longer than us). Right where the cm just told us we couldn’t sit. The mom tried to tell them that they just moved back as instructed by the cm. This family all of a sudden ‘didn’t understand English’. Sorry to say this like that, but then had no problem communicating through out their trip, now a kind woman tried to explain that they couldn’t sit there and they just ignored her. When the cm came along and told them, they tried to ‘scoot back’ right into this other family’s space!!! Sorry but I was very frustrated for them. Ok, off my soap box and back to what we’ve been waiting for. (oh, in the meantime, waiting, my kids don’t like to wait, even as old as they are, so they went shopping while we waited).

FINALLY….. It’s time for the parade (now I know why I normally watch in Frontierland, it took so long to get to our end of Main Street).

I have a ton of photos, but will only post a few. If you’d like to view the entire parade, I’ve put them in a separate album Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (Parade)

I love the castle in the background

Looks like you guys had a blast at MVMCP. I love all your family photos, you all look great in the matching shirts!

Looking forward to your parade pics. :goodvibes

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

EDIT: you posted right before I did. lol now to go back and read about the parade! :)

Loved your MVMCP pics!!! You DID have a great spot for the parade! I know what you mean about people with no manners! What can you do? :confused3

Great pics.

I hate people like that who feel entitled to a certain area and feel the need to push others out of the way.

I was at a parade once and a family did that (not Disney) and the family pulled the "no English" and they spoke Russian and my friend with me was fluent, well a heated argument entailed and then they finally got up and walked away and then cursed at us in English. I know they can speak it. :rotfl2:

It is exciting i have 18 days now. :woohoo:

Loving your TR. You have amazing pictures. Love the GF family pictures. What awesome family pictures for Chrstimas Cards.

I am so enjoying your report! We have talked about heading to WDW for Christmas for the longest time...a report like yours shoves me in that direction! Haven't finished but I'm already wondering if you ever asked a cm about the lack of decorations at the front entrances to the park? I hope you'll share some more of your daughter's experiences sometime as well....I'd love to know about her living arrangements - how that has gone, etc...

Can't wait for more....popcorn::

Cheryl,

It takes me so long to get a post up sometimes (writing and finding just the right photo, out of the 1000 that I have from this trip, :lmao: ) by the time I finished posting, I've missed others. We loved these special events. I've read other reports of those saying that people without the special bands were in the park (after closing and no one doing anything). I'll tell you, we didn't see any of that. No matter where we were (getting on a ride, getting hot cocoa, and just walking around) there were cm's checking wristbands. I was glad to see that. Granted we got in for a great price, but even at that, I didn't want to see 'freeloaders' enjoying what all us had paid extra to do.

We only did the shirts for our photo shoot and then for MVMCP this trip. I had lots more planned, but time just gets away from you (when you work, and spend lots of time on here :rotfl: )

Happy New Year too you also.
Looks like you guys had a blast at MVMCP. I love all your family photos, you all look great in the matching shirts!

Looking forward to your parade pics. :goodvibes

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

EDIT: you posted right before I did. lol now to go back and read about the parade! :)

Loved your MVMCP pics!!! You DID have a great spot for the parade! I know what you mean about people with no manners! What can you do? :confused3

The spot was great, cause you were 'head-on' with everything coming down Main Street. Except for taking so long to get there, it was an amazing spot.

Great pics.

It is exciting i have 18 days now. :woohoo:

Scott,

Again, thanks. Can't wait for your TR when you return.

Loving your TR. You have amazing pictures. Love the GF family pictures. What awesome family pictures for Chrstimas Cards.

I am a photo fanatic. I had my father over the other day, saying 'Why would you take that many pictures?' Well, for one, the first, second or third might not come out that great, so if I take a lot, some will be good, :lmao:

Also, I scrap and need GOOD ones for that. And of course for my TR (but only Disers would understand the need for that), :goodvibes

I am so enjoying your report! We have talked about heading to WDW for Christmas for the longest time...a report like yours shoves me in that direction! Haven't finished but I'm already wondering if you ever asked a cm about the lack of decorations at the front entrances to the park? I hope you'll share some more of your daughter's experiences sometime as well....I'd love to know about her living arrangements - how that has gone, etc...

I'll tell you, if it weren't for my DD doing this College Program, we would have NEVER gotten to Disney at this time of year. Just wouldn't have happened. DS2 is a junior in high school, so taking a week off of school is really frowned upon, but if you sneak in a college visit you can get the week excused :banana:

I never did think to ask about the decorations out front of MK. There were lots of pointsettias (and trees) but just seems 'bare' in front of the train station.

I'll tell you, I couldn't have been more impressed with the College Program. Being our DD has only been about 20 miles from home (when living on campus) this was going to be a BIG adjustment. When DH and I visited her in October for a quick weekend trip (and MNSSHP) we were so impressed with her living arrangements, the security at the complex was amazing. She's in a three bedroom (two bath) apartment. She's had her share of roomies coming and going (one terminated for drugs, all the girls turned her in), three out of the six that didn't like to clean at all (not even their own dishes, and they have a dishwasher). She's has made friends with students from all over the world and for a short time her one room mate was from Norway (but the International students aren't typically housed where DD is, so that was temporary). She has made some lifelong friends and I know they will be friends for many years. I would encourage any college student to take some time and do this. DD is talking about going back for the Summer Alumni program, so maybe we'll be going back AGAIN :cool1:

Didn't realize how much I rely on those email updates. It looks like the system is up and running again. Hope to have another post this afternoon. Needless to say, I did finally finsh day two in my last post (forgot to say that). Up next day thre MGM!!! And DD is coming home tomorrow!!! :cool1:

Wow - your Parade pictures are fantastic!!!

How long did you have to wait there to get that spot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter