First camper meal of year!

That is so sweet! We used to have a 30' Class C, kept it parked basically in the yard right outside the door of our house, and DS thought it was "his", he would eat meals in it and, best of all, use it for sleepovers so he and his rowdy friends didn't keep mom and dad up all night! I slept in it when it was terribly hot since it was a.c. and our house was not!

Great memories!

Terri

Love it!! Our camper is parked next to our house too, which I love, and a couple weekends ago it was still too cold to camp and my dd got fed up and begged her dad to sleep out there with her. So we turned on the furnace and they "camped" next to the house.

Done it many times. My daughters love to go out to the backyard and camp. When people buy new campers I tell them it's the best way to get to know your camper is to spend a few days "staying" in it while it is hooked up in the yard. Saves some learning curves when you are actually away from home camping.

Our Wild Cat is parked next to the 2nd garage - it has come in handy when we have company w/smaller kids. They want to go camping in it. So we make the beds & let them have it.
Nothing is better than being in your camper. Home away from home!

Great idea. My 9 year girl keeps wanting to go sit in our new camper. I guess she likes it.

Done it many times. My daughters love to go out to the backyard and camp. When people buy new campers I tell them it's the best way to get to know your camper is to spend a few days "staying" in it while it is hooked up in the yard. Saves some learning curves when you are actually away from home camping.

We've lived out of our camper in the backyard a few times when we were either without water (well re-drilling) or power (hurricanes & storms). After Hurricane Sandy, we were without power for about a week. We were the envy of our street with our hot water, cooking appliances and fridge. We always fill our water tanks whenever a storm is coming now in case we need to move in.

We've lived out of our camper in the backyard a few times
Same thing here. We get ice storms in the winter and tornadoes/high winds in the spring that take out the power. We have a 4000 watt generator in the front basement of our 5er. In the winter, I run the furnace (gas) in the house and a few lights/TV/ refrigerators off the RV generator. In the spring and summer, we just move in to the camper and have A/C, TV and the rest. 2 neighbors have generators too, but not the camper, so I don't feel too guilty with power, but the A/C in summer gets me a few comments. :duck:

j

our little one LOVES to spend time in the camper when it's at home. Although she likes it at FW too, there are other things there to attract her away from the camper. Can't imagine what.... :)

Fortunately we haven't had to use it as a "Survival" place but we came close in the past. It's always nice to know it's there if we need it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter