• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First attempt at Wishes with my new Cannon

I was standing just off the curb on Main Street to the left of Casey's. I used a tripod (just standard $20 Walmart kind), I set my camera to AV so it adjusted the shutter speed for me, turned the ISO down to 100 and let it rip. I used the kit lens, 18m-55m.

WOW!:worship: Great shots! I'm really impressed. I am super impressed that you got these shots with just a $20 tripod from WalMart especially w/ the long shutter speeds. I'm rethinking lugging my CF tripod around the parks now. Is your tripod lightweight? How much does it weigh? Mine is considered a lightweight CF tripod, but it's still about 4-5lbs. That gets heavy if carrying around all day.

These are great! Did you use a remote, a timer, or did you just press the button? So many questions... :)

Those are some Great shots. A lot of people think you need expensive equipment for those kind of shots, but yours prove otherwise :thumbsup2

I just pressed the button, I was worried about it blurring but it didn't which is great. I'm so happy with them and I can't wait to go take some more.

About 5 minutes if that...I actually was booted from my position near the hub because I was past the taped line. So I moved on Main Street next to Casey's and set up there just as the lights went out.

Your pictures are great. A suggestion for you. Next time set your camera on RAW setting. You will have a great deal more control over the image once you put it in the computer.

Thank you for that tip, any other suggestions? I am going to try, weather permitting to go back again tonight.

Do you have a cable release or remote release for the camera? If you do then you can set the camera on manual and play with exposures of your own choosing. The cable release will let you activate the shutter without touching the camera. You had your camera set on aperture and the F stop at f10. try different settings and see what you get and how you like it.

Without a cable release you probably will need to leave the camera on auto. To be honest you were probably really lucky with a 30 sec exposure that you did not create movement with pushing the button.

Play is the operative word. Once you get the hang of it, try taking the picture right after the explosion. That will show off more of the drape of the fireworks and not the flash of the explosion.

Have fun is the key word.

Those are really wonderful pictures. Thank You for sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter