• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First AM departure for DCL buses from MCO?

penguins_fan

Mouseketeer
We're staying at the MCO Hyatt the friday night before our Magic cruise, thinking about using DCL ground transfers. Anyone know what time they start running Saturday am?

Our first cruise (years ago) we hopped on the 9:30AM bus. I am told they are more like 10AM now. We arrived VERY early, and were thrilled to among the first to board the bus.

Good morning - we also stayed at the Hyatt the night before and will do so again this cruise. We ate breakfast and was in the lobby by 8am with coffee in hand. We were first in line and were on the bus by 9:30 :) this was 12/2006. Our next cruise is not till 11/2009...

Were going to stay at the Hyatt the night before our cruise also. Our plane arrives at 2:30 in the afternoon. Any suggestions on how to pass the time till the next morning. And what did you think of the hotel?

Were going to stay at the Hyatt the night before our cruise also. Our plane arrives at 2:30 in the afternoon. Any suggestions on how to pass the time till the next morning. And what did you think of the hotel?

We spent our time swimming - catching some zz's - and window shopping in the airport - we LOVED the hotel!!

Our first cruise (years ago) we hopped on the 9:30AM bus. I am told they are more like 10AM now. We arrived VERY early, and were thrilled to among the first to board the bus.

How early was VERY early? We are thinking about taking the bus as well.

It is always between 9:30 and 10....usually closer to 9:30. Your boarding pass for the bus will be marked to indicate that you checked in as one of the first people so that you will be on the first bus.

We were there about 8:45 and the host told us about the marking and that it indicated we would be on the first bus....so we could relax in the general area, etc. and would be called when it was time to board. DD wanted to be the first one on the bus (why???) and insisted that we stand in line. The following buses leave as soon as they are filled.

It is always between 9:30 and 10....usually closer to 9:30. Your boarding pass for the bus will be marked to indicate that you checked in as one of the first people so that you will be on the first bus.

We were there about 8:45 and the host told us about the marking and that it indicated we would be on the first bus....so we could relax in the general area, etc. and would be called when it was time to board. DD wanted to be the first one on the bus (why???) and insisted that we stand in line. The following buses leave as soon as they are filled.

Great. Thanks. Did you get your boarding passes that morning?

What kind of marking do you mean? We will be staying at the Hyatt tomorrow night and catching the DCL bus Sunday. I would love to leave as soon as possible.

Where do the markings come from?

You are assigned a character to designate which bus you'll be on.

I believe the first bus is Mickey and then they go from there (Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, etc. - I don't know how they arrange the remaining character order, but it's first-come, first-served.)

The sooner you sign in on cruise morning, the earlier the bus you'll go on. (You aren't able to get on the list before that morning.)

The first buses seemed to be filled with guests staying at the Hyatt. After that, they take you over to the baggage claim area to board there.

The Hyatt is quite nice; you can eat there in the hotel, or go to one of the restaurants in the airport.

It can't be beat for convenience!:thumbsup2

Also, though it may sound a bit complicated, it's very simple and the hotel gives you step-by-step instructions when you check into the hotel!

My favorite part is not having to handle baggage that day!

Enjoy!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes

How did you do the luggage??? Did you put it out the night before or that morning??? I'm going with a large group and some of them are afraid to leave it out the night before...

How did you do the luggage??? Did you put it out the night before or that morning??? I'm going with a large group and some of them are afraid to leave it out the night before...

You are given special tags with your cabin number and then you put the luggage outside your hotel room door by 8:00 a.m. the morning of the cruise. The first year, our bags were still there when we left to sign up for the bus. Last year, they were already on their way to the ship!

Once you put your bags outside the door at the Hyatt, you don't do anything with them until they are delivered to your stateroom on the ship. It is GREAT!

All you need to keep with you is your "day bag" with cruise documents, and things you'll need when you first get on board.

One more thing: when you go to get on the waiting list in the morning, you need to have all members of your party there. So "dad" can't run down to the lobby to get on the list while "mom and the kids" keep getting ready up in the room.

Once you're on the list, you have some time to do other things (my DH went to one of the bookstores in the airport to pick up a new novel), but the amount of time you have depends on which bus you're on and how fast they're loading them.

I'm thinking of velcroing them all together with their day bags...

You are assigned a character to designate which bus you'll be on.

I believe the first bus is Mickey and then they go from there (Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, etc. - I don't know how they arrange the remaining character order, but it's first-come, first-served.)

The sooner you sign in on cruise morning, the earlier the bus you'll go on. (You aren't able to get on the list before that morning.)

The first buses seemed to be filled with guests staying at the Hyatt. After that, they take you over to the baggage claim area to board there.

The Hyatt is quite nice; you can eat there in the hotel, or go to one of the restaurants in the airport.

It can't be beat for convenience!:thumbsup2

We were planning on staying at a different airport hotel (take advantage of some points that we've accumulated)....Would that be an issue with trying to get on one of the earlier busses (preferably the first one....) :yay:

I think you may have to take the hotel shuttle over early and I believe someone else may be able to help with the procedure for there...

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Airport and took their shuttle to the airport. When we got to the airport, we were the first people to check in and we were on the first bus, but that did not leave until 10:15. We got to the port at about 11:00 and ended up in boarding group 4.

dolphingirl47

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter