• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Aid at Coronado Springs

tnmom25

Dreams Don't Work Unless You Do!
A friend is at CSR right now and her daughter has a bad rash. The front desk told her they don't have a first aid there. Where can she get some benadryl or call a doctor? Thanks!!

I can’t get the thread to link, but go the the Disney for families board and look for the thread What do I do if my child gets ill at Disney. Lots of good advice.

Wait, so your friend, who is a parent, is asking you to post here? That has to be the craziest thing I have ever heard...

Your parent friend can’t just freaking walk out the lobby of the resort and hop in a taxi to a CVS or Rite Aid to get some OTC medicine?

Literally scratching my head on this one

Wait, so your friend, who is a parent, is asking you to post here? That has to be the craziest thing I have ever heard...

Your parent friend can’t just freaking walk out the lobby of the resort and hop in a taxi to a CVS or Rite Aid to get some OTC medicine?

Literally scratching my head on this one

You're so helpful!

Did she go to the front desk or call? If she called, she didn't call the front desk, she called a call center. Yes, they say "Front Desk" when they answer the phone, but they are likely not even onsite. If she went to the desk, they should have given her info about the in-room physician service (not a Disney service) that she can call or info on local urgent care facilities.

C'mon, guys. You're really gonna attack a mom who wants some advice on where to get help for a sick kid when she's in a hotel far from home? Really? Is it so odd that she'd call a friend who's been to Central FL multiple times and just might know how to get help there?

Thanks to those who've posted helpful advice. Keep it coming.

C'mon, guys. You're really gonna attack a mom who wants some advice on where to get help for a sick kid when she's in a hotel far from home? Really? Is it so odd that she'd call a friend who's been to Central FL multiple times and just might know how to get help there?

Thanks to those who've posted helpful advice. Keep it coming.

Thank you!

I feel like this should be pretty common sense that shouldn't require a friend to come on a forum to ask.
First you are likely to find benadryl in the gift shop if that's all that's needed.
If further action is required all you have to do is ask the front desk to assist you in contacting the local urgent care who will actually pick you up and drop you back off free of charge.

Go to a MinuteClinic at a local CVS. We did this on our last trip when my son had a reaction to a bug bite.

Real easy - CVS.com, found a clinic, logged in for an appointment and got it looked at and Rx prescribed & filled within the hour.

I feel like this should be pretty common sense that shouldn't require a friend to come on a forum to ask.
First you are likely to find benadryl in the gift shop if that's all that's needed.
If further action is required all you have to do is ask the front desk to assist you in contacting the local urgent care who will actually pick you up and drop you back off free of charge.

I would never have known that urgent care has pick up/drop off there because we don’t have it where I live. I only know because I read it here years ago. And the OP said her friend contacted the front desk. How is the friend to know it’s not actually the front desk if she called? If she went to the actual front desk then they weren’t very helpful, were they?

Op-Did your friend figure something out for her DD?

I would never have known that urgent care has pick up/drop off there because we don’t have it where I live. I only know because I read it here years ago. And the OP said her friend contacted the front desk. How is the friend to know it’s not actually the front desk if she called? If she went to the actual front desk then they weren’t very helpful, were they?

Op-Did your friend figure something out for her DD?
Just so you know I'm not the poster that said she should have known that when calling you aren't actually calling the front desk. Personally though if I was concerned I would have gone there in person to speak to someone directly to get the assistance I needed and if it's such an emergency that I could not go I would be calling 911.

Go to a MinuteClinic at a local CVS. We did this on our last trip when my son had a reaction to a bug bite.

Real easy - CVS.com, found a clinic, logged in for an appointment and got it looked at and Rx prescribed & filled within the hour.
This.
There are also Walgreens clinics just outside of Disney Springs for the same type of treatment. We had luck there like you did at CVS and even without an appointment were in and out in under an hour.

Resorts don’t have first aid stations like inside the parks. So the “front desk” was correct. Sometimes people merely answer the exact questions they are asked.

You're so helpful!

He did say “walk out the lobby of the resort and hop in a taxi to a CVS or Rite Aid to get some OTC medicine?”, which is, actually, helpful.

Based on personal experience, the Front Desk CMs would have been helpful.

I agree. I was SICK at Disney in 2014 and had a multi resort split stay. When checking in at ssr (just wanting my room and to pass out) the CMs offered to call the centra care shuttle for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter