First adult only trip!

cantoine

Don't just fly soar
After 13 years, and 8 kids, we are finally getting away for a few nights all by ourselves! We will be traveling in May 2016 right after our 8th wedding anniversary! Of course I choose Disney! But we are doing it really different than ever before because no kids! One more time No kids! Don't get me wrong I love our children and they are my world. But my husband and I haven't had an evening alone since 2003. And our marriage needs this! So here's what I got so far and please I need some input:

As of now we have a 4 night/5 day trip booked at the boardwalk water view room. ( I'm not sold on this resort for some reason) 2 day park hopper with a platinum dining plan.

Dinner choices we have selected: Victoria and Alberts, yachtsmen steak house( still need 2 more signatures for dinner)

We are doing the keys to the kingdom tour and the dolphin in depth tour and possible one of the scuba tours and Segway tour. A fishing execursion, some parasailing, jet skiing and carriage rides!

I know we will do cirque du soleil, a massage at one of the senses and a fireworks cruise!

If anyone has any input on any of this stuff please let me know about your experiences, likes, dislikes. Our past trips consisted of Princess pictures, character meals, pool time, and chasing the kids all around. We just want to do the things we don't normally get to do when we travel as a family! Thanks

8 kids? Wow, you've really earned this vacation!

I recommend Be Our Guest as a signature dinner. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is as well. I thought it was very worthwhile.

One note, I do not think they do the segway tour anymore. You might want to check on that.

As of now we have a 4 night/5 day trip booked at the boardwalk water view room. ( I'm not sold on this resort for some reason) 2 day park hopper with a platinum dining plan.

Dinner choices we have selected: Victoria and Alberts, yachtsmen steak house( still need 2 more signatures for dinner)

We are doing the keys to the kingdom tour and the dolphin in depth tour and possible one of the scuba tours and Segway tour. A fishing execursion, some parasailing, jet skiing and carriage rides!

I know we will do cirque du soleil, a massage at one of the senses and a fireworks cruise!

Hello cantoine, your plans look good to me. DW and I have enjoyed many adult only visits to the Boardwalk.

We were surprised how much we enjoyed learning to ride the Segway and take the now no longer available tour of Epcot. We are considering the FW Segway tour.

DW loved Cirque de Soleil. You didn't mention which fireworks cruise you are considering but if it is for Illuminations I am not convinced it is all that better than just finding a good spot in Epcot. Our favorite spot is right above the fireworks cruise boats on the bridge between England and France. And since you are staying at the BWI it is a quick walk in and out through the International Gateway.

From your long list of activities it sounds like you have most of your time allocated. My only possible suggestion, that I suspect you have already considered, is to consider the possibility of spending a few more $$ for more days on your hopper so as to be able to wander over to Epcot or DHS in the evenings. During our BWI stays we would visit Epcot every day. Sometimes to find a snack and sometimes just for the ambience.

Wishing you and your husband a magical 8th anniversary!

Instead of the Dolphin and Scuba tour at WDW.....why not go to Discovery Cove one day? It is an awesome place, includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, and adult beverages! Nice beaches too! Traveling as 2 adults.....we really liked Coronado Springs.

We have actually DC a few times. We decided since this is our first only trip to WDW we wanted to really do the things we don't normally get to do there because we have all the children. We really kind of want to capture the other things Disney has to offer. We love DC and have enjoyed our past trips there.

Hello cantoine, your plans look good to me. DW and I have enjoyed many adult only visits to the Boardwalk.

We were surprised how much we enjoyed learning to ride the Segway and take the now no longer available tour of Epcot. We are considering the FW Segway tour.

DW loved Cirque de Soleil. You didn't mention which fireworks cruise you are considering but if it is for Illuminations I am not convinced it is all that better than just finding a good spot in Epcot. Our favorite spot is right above the fireworks cruise boats on the bridge between England and France. And since you are staying at the BWI it is a quick walk in and out through the International Gateway.

From your long list of activities it sounds like you have most of your time allocated. My only possible suggestion, that I suspect you have already considered, is to consider the possibility of spending a few more $$ for more days on your hopper so as to be able to wander over to Epcot or DHS in the evenings. During our BWI stays we would visit Epcot every day. Sometimes to find a snack and sometimes just for the ambience.

Wishing you and your husband a magical 8th anniversary!

I would love to add more days to the park, and we are considering it. But our hesitation is the less time we have in the parks the more it will force us to do other things. We haven't decided on which fireworks cruise we have done pirates and pals before and love seeing wishes from bay lake! Not really sure if he wants to see illuminations or wishes, but either will be amazing simply because we don't have to watch them while trying to get the kids to behave! Lol

I like winging it myself and it's really easy to add on more days if you discover you need them. Before I switched to AP, I always held back on the number of tickets and had several "we'll do what we feel like it when we wake up and decide" days. Some trips, didn't need more days, others we were enjoying the parks so much we added more. We didn't care much about fast pass because by the time we hit those additional days, it wasn't about the rides and more about being there and the atmosphere and taking it all in. You know slow down a little, look up more, enjoy your not the arguing family.

We have actually DC a few times. We decided since this is our first only trip to WDW we wanted to really do the things we don't normally get to do there because we have all the children. We really kind of want to capture the other things Disney has to offer. We love DC and have enjoyed our past trips there.

Have you been to Universal/IOA in the last couple of years? We had a blast there this past trip. At Disney Springs, I really like Raglan Road. We had drinks at the Dockside Bar (behind The Boathouse) before our RR dinner. It is has a nice view of the lake and it was fun watching them launch the ampicars!

I like winging it myself and it's really easy to add on more days if you discover you need them. Before I switched to AP, I always held back on the number of tickets and had several "we'll do what we feel like it when we wake up and decide" days. Some trips, didn't need more days, others we were enjoying the parks so much we added more. We didn't care much about fast pass because by the time we hit those additional days, it wasn't about the rides and more about being there and the atmosphere and taking it all in. You know slow down a little, look up more, enjoy your not the arguing family.

Yes I love those days! Since we bought DVC 2 years ago we have really slowed down a lot on the parks. We usually add on park days as we want! But love the relaxing days at the pool

Congratulations! My husband and I did a similar trip last August. The fort wilderness Segway ride was terrific. Parasailing must be my all time favorite thing to do at WDW. I had no idea how much I would enjoy it and we added a second time later in the eek. A very nice use of time is to do the water jet tour at 9 (10 in winter months?) and immediately do the parasailing after that. Another thing was that we just loved Victoria and Alberts so we did it twice. Once the regular way and once using the vegetarian menu. Just lovely!

Oh, and one more thing, the Wave at contemporary has a great breakfast buffet that you can do quickly before the water activities.

And, remember that when you are exhausted, room service (including tip) is a choice and makes for a relaxing start to the day or lunch while briefly resting in your room!

We are doing the same! Going in May for 4 nights/5 days without our kids. For the husband's 40th birthday. I keep wavering between extreme guilt over not taking them with us and pure elation at going just the two of us.

We are doing the budget route, however, as those children of ours have a lot of travel sports commitments this spring and summer that have eaten up a lot of our fun money. Still trying to figure out what all we want to do while trying to keep it at least somewhat budget-friendly, LOL!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter