• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks watching spots

mundaremom

Mouseketeer
Last Nov when we were in DL we came around a corner and wow the crowds of people sitting on the road waiting for the fireworks. We wondered up and down mainstreet looking for a good spot to view the fireworks, we finally ended up at the train station leaning against the building for over an hour. This year I am thinking it would be nicer if we have to wait that long to find a spot sitting down. Without sitting on the middle of the road, any suggestions? As well how far in advance of the show do they start blocking off areas for viewing? How good is the view from the Fantasmic Balcony seating?

People usually start lining up around 5-6 PM for fantasmic, a good place to watch the fireworks, is in the little bench area with the statue of Walt and Mikey together (just outside Tomorrow land), I think the castle lights up and whatnot.. only problem is that you wont get a good view for fantasmic...

If you want a good view for fantasmic too, go right around the gates on the rivers of america, right accross from Tom Sawyers island (like, perpendicular to the end of the island) that'll get you a decent view for the fireworks and a great view for Fantasmic.

In terms of fireworks, there actually two places to watch it. 1) in front of the castle, 2) in front of Its a small world...

Both give you different perspectives, i suggest waiting the 1-2 hours for the front of the castle, but it gets pretty crowded... but by its a small world, isnt as much ppl... when i was working Sat night, there was like 1/8 as much crowd than the front of the castle.

Where ever you sit, you'll want to have a good view of the castle front. I personally like the east or south east area of the hub, in the street. Around 9pm to 9:15pm they will shut down the street for walking traffic and let people fill it up, this is when you want to move in and get your spot. You can see the entire front of the castle and you won't have trees in your way. It also lets you get a headstart for tomorrow land after the fireworks.

The best place to watch it is at the hub (where the statue of Walt and Mickey) is, at the end of mainstreet, before it branches off into fantasyland, tomorrowland, adventurland etc.

People stake out the bench seats for the fireworks like 4 hours before the show starts, which is crazy cause they make everyone on the road infront of the benches stand up anyways. But as long as your somewhere infront of the hub, or just behind it but clost enough that you have a nice view of the castle then its amazing.

Heres a big tip though.... Try and get a spot close to the hub, more towards the right side, but before the trees on the right side so you can still see Tink flying around the castle. The trees wont block the works either.

Normally I would agree with everyone's suggestion, but that would be if they were still showing Remember Dreams Come True (which they did last holiday season). The Dreams show has so much going on with the castle and the matterhorn that you really want to be in the hub area.

However, beginning Nov 10, they are switching to the Believe Holiday fireworks. These are nice to see in front of the castle, but I much prefer to watch them back by Small World. You still get the snow effects, you have a straight on view of the fireworks, and it much less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter