Fireworks Viewing from California Grill?

crc6

Earning My Ears
Hello all and thanks for all the great information you post on these boards!

I am kind of new here (been "lurking" for a while) and am considering viewing the fireworks on my September trip from the California Grill. I'll be solo just for the night, as my travel companions are arriving Sunday morning. I heard somewhere that the bar in the California Grill serves "light fare" and offers a view of the fireworks, or at least the chance to make a dash for the deck when the fireworks begin. Have any of you ever "dined" at the bar, or know of someone who has?

Any information you can provide is very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Caitlin

Hi Caitlin,

Welcome to the DIS.

I've eaten at the CA Grill twice, had tables both times. However, many solos and couples do dine at the bar. You can order anything off the menu from there, as far as I know.

If you are looking for lighter fare, they offer great appetizers such as sushi, spicy egg rolls, nice salads, etc. The bartenders make fabulous drinks too.

If you are going for a full meal I suggest a PS one hour before the fireworks to those looking for a table. If you just want to sit at the bar, 45 minutes might be ok (sooner if a Friday or Saturday). The view from the deck outside is beautiful.

Thanks for the information, Margie...

Are you saying that I should make a PS in order to dine at the bar? It never occured to me that I could even do that! I am not going to have a full meal, though I am anxious to sample the menu (and the bartenders' great drinks!)

I am happy to sit at the bar and eat and then head out to the deck for the fireworks, I just wan't sure if all that was possible given the layout of the bar/restaurant. Thanks for the reply!

Caitlin

No PS is needed for the bar seats. Only for Guests looking for tables. Sorry for the confusion.

The dining room is rather small and there are windows facing the MK and Epcot areas. The view from the bar is pretty good too.

Enjoy your meal.

Caitlin, while I can't help with the California Grill, I did want to welcome you to the DIS and in particular to this board. I too think that this is a great site and this is a great board.

Certainly hope that we see more of you. I'm sure that there will be plenty of people with answers to your questions. Have a great time on your upcoming trip.

Even when dining solo, there's no reason not to make a PS for a windowside table. The viewing area outside the bar is really nice- but so is the inside. They pipe the music inside and dim the restaurant lights down so that the fireworks can be enjoyed

However, the bar area is a bit more relaxed, although the dress code is casual for the whole restaurant. No tube tops, etc., but you'd see everything from Mickey T-Shirts and shorts to cocktail dresses and suits.

DH and I enjoy going there now- we had a bad experience a couple of years ago, but they've redeemed themselves on our last two trips.

Good luck- I hope that this information helps.....

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter