Fireworks view from hotel?

mhm

Mouseketeer
My kids don't like the noise of fireworks, altough they like looking at them. Can you get a good view of the fireworks from any of the hotels? If so, which ones & what room type?

You can see them from some of the towers of the Disney hotels, but be aware - they will hear them too. Depending on the time of year you go and how old your kids are, they can actually be a slight problem if you are wanting them to get to sleep so you can get up and going the next day!

Actually when I stayed at the Desert Palms this past summer, our hotel room had the perfect theme park view. We could see all of DCA and clearly see the fireworks from our balcony. You can see the fireworks from a lot of the hotels on Harbor.

I agree with the PP. The hotels right across the street on Harbor have great views of the Fireworks. I especially like the view from the pool/jacuzzi area at the HoJo. The park view rooms in Bldg. 1 have an excellent view if you want to be in your room.

Just wanted to make sure you knew that:

1. The DL fireworks are launched by air, not explosives. For those who are inside DL watching hte fireworks it is likely the noise they hear will be dominated by the music.

2. The fireworks part of the Remember Dreams Come True is really about 10% of the show. The music, lights, and other special effects (fire, lasers, etc.) that you can only really see and hear when inside DL are what makes the show.

Last year we stayed at the DLH in the Marina tower on I want to say floor 7. We could see them great from our room. Our sliding door faced the DLH parking lot.

They had actually booked us in the Bonita tower but I told the front desk of our issues regarding fireworks and that my kids would still love to see them so she moved us.

1. The DL fireworks are launched by air, not explosives. For those who are inside DL watching hte fireworks it is likely the noise they hear will be dominated by the music.

Are the Epcot/WDW launched by air or explosives?

DD5 has never been bothered by our local fireworks (from about 1/4-1/2 mile away), but the ones at WDW & Epcot seemed louder. I just assumed we were closer.

Are the Epcot/WDW launched by air or explosives?

DD5 has never been bothered by our local fireworks (from about 1/4-1/2 mile away), but the ones at WDW & Epcot seemed louder. I just assumed we were closer.
I have seen Illuminations but do not know their launch method. Hopefully someone else does.

2. The fireworks part of the Remember Dreams Come True is really about 10% of the show. The music, lights, and other special effects (fire, lasers, etc.) that you can only really see and hear when inside DL are what makes the show.

I absolutely agree!!! To anyone reading, this current display is unlike any fireworks show you have ever seen, I guarantee it! A HUGE part of it is the experience of being there in person, the castle is the main character, lots of things take place there. Audio is also an important character, without the audio and the castle this show would be like any other boring firework show. Can not be appreciated from just anywhere, best place is a spot facing the castle - away from trees, and a view of the Matterhorn wouldn't hurt.

"Yes" the bangs will be drowned out by the audio, but if you're not in the area then you'll probably just hear loud bangs.

Yes, I would rather be there in person, but we can't enjoy it if the kids are screaming because the fireworks are too loud.

Yes, I would rather be there in person, but we can't enjoy it if the kids are screaming because the fireworks are too loud.
How about bringing ear plugs? If the fireworks are too loud (which I doubt - but of course they are your children and not mine), use the ear plugs. If it is still too loud (which I really doubt) then you will have to call it a learning experience and leave.

I think the risk is worth it, and I suspect your kids will love the show.

Something else to consider is timing. In general it is best to see the RDCT as early in your trip as possible because of the possibility of cancellation due to winds aloft. However, without giving too much away, the show has references to many of the rides at DL (not DCA). So it will be more fun, especially for smaller children or first time visitors, if they have first experienced the rides before they see the show.

Off the top of my head, this will be:

DLRR
Tiki Room
POTC
HM
Roger Rabbit
Fantasyland Rides
Mark Twain
Star Tours
Indiana Jones (for older kids)
BTMRR (for older kids)
Disney Electrical Parade (at DCA now)

Last November, we were able to watch the fireworks from the pool area of the PPH. Our DD was only 2 then and she passed out just before the show started. We caught a glimpse of the start while walking back to PPH through DTD. When we arrived at the hotel, we noticed folks watching from the pool deck and caught most of the show from there.

Hopefully this year (next week) we'll get to watch them in the park with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter