Fireworks from outside the parks?

DisneyMommy403

Wishing on a Star
Hi Everyone,

We're going to be flying into LAX from Honolulu on a Sunday. We plan on doing 3 park days: Mon-Wed. Fireworks aren't on the schedule for our park days, but Sunday they are scheduled. We land at 3pm, and after rental car, traffic, and check in at the Hyatt Regency OC, we plan on dinner and shopping at DTD. Is there a location to see the fireworks in that general area? From what I remember, you can't see them from the hub... Do we go to a parking garage or catch a hotel elevator or something? :tongue:

TIA!

Hi Everyone,

We're going to be flying into LAX from Honolulu on a Sunday. We plan on doing 3 park days: Mon-Wed. Fireworks aren't on the schedule for our park days, but Sunday they are scheduled. We land at 3pm, and after rental car, traffic, and check in at the Hyatt Regency OC, we plan on dinner and shopping at DTD. Is there a location to see the fireworks in that general area? From what I remember, you can't see them from the hub... Do we go to a parking garage or catch a hotel elevator or something? :tongue:

TIA!
We watched the Christmas fireworks in the Esplanade after leaving DCA; it's not the same as being in the park with the music/sound, of course, but it's a good view of the actual fireworks.

I've also watched them from various points at Downtown Disney.

You can watch them from the paradise pier hotel. I believe it's the 3rd floor pool deck and they pipe the music in the speakers. Even non hotel guests are allowed as they have a bar there so CA law states it needs to be open to the public.

This is based on info I've read here. We might try to watch from there because DS is terrified of fireworks but being further away he's fine (doesn't like the noise).

We walked from DLR to DLH through DTD in the middle of the fireworks one night, and it seemed that the best place to view them was that space between House of Blues and Tortilla Joe's. There were other spots, but that seemed to have the most "sky" showing through! And there were a bunch of people congregated there to watch.

Guess it depends on whether your hotel room is high enough (and also if your room is pointing in the right direction, of course) to see the fireworks :)

If your room points towards the I-5 then you'll be out of luck entirely, however, if it doesn't and you're on a high floor, there's a good chance you'll see the display.

You can watch them from the paradise pier hotel. I believe it's the 3rd floor pool deck and they pipe the music in the speakers. Even non hotel guests are allowed as they have a bar there so CA law states it needs to be open to the public.

This is based on info I've read here. We might try to watch from there because DS is terrified of fireworks but being further away he's fine (doesn't like the noise).

Awesome!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter