• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks from Balcony

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
I was hoping there was a list somewhere, my family loves watching fireworks from our balcony. And since I've read a post that those even at AK have seen fireworks from their balcony, I was wondering which DVC resorts have that view (even if in the distance).

I think that list would be all DVC resor is have some rooms where you can see distant fireworks.

FWIW, I've seen fireworks from Pop Century, too

I've heard OKW Miller Park upper floor rooms do. (And SSR has higher rooms)
The monorail resorts and BWV are obvious. BCV and VWL might be looking through trees

I also noticed in videos that the Polynesian bungalows had volume controls so that you could actually hear the narration of the MK show. Does BLT or VGF have audio as well?

I'm at Boardwalk now. Our room has a good view of illuminations and a fair view of wishes (just more distant). You can see the frozen fireworks from the pool as well.

All the rooms at the monorail resorts have a channel on the tv which provides narration and music for the Wishes. I believe it is the same channel as the bedtime stories. I have been there when they have had problems with it working.

At BLT the south facing rooms see the EPCOT and DHS (including Fantasmic) fireworks even some of the west facing can see those fireworks. They are way into the distance though. BLT normally sees the fireworks only at MK although it is a sideways view.

When were were OKW on Turtle Pond Road we could here the fireworks from our room and balcony but couldn't see anything. And at Kidani Village we could hear the fireworks at DHS and Epcot and could see them over the top of Jambo House, but only the highest fireworks, it wasn't much of a show.

I would say some of BWV, BLT, VGF, and PVB probably see the fireworks the best. All the others are just limited views.

Best views would be BLT TP view, VPB bungalows would be next, maybe a few rooms at VGF standard view. For Epcot, BWV, boardwalk view can see the highest fireworks.

:earsboy: Bill

I've seen fireworks from some woods view rooms at BCV, and even top fireworks from a few villas at OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter