• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks Cruise!! Which one?!

DisneyFF1124

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a great weekend. I have a similar thread posted over in trip planning but I definitely wanted my fellow DVCers opinions as well! DF and I are considering a fireworks cruise for our upcoming Disneymoon! We're trying to decided which one to do. Have any of you done it and if so, which one should we do? Illuminations or wishes? We appreciate all of your opinions and input and are looking forward to seeing what you all have to say!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

To be honest, they are kind of a let down. The CM can help make a difference but you don't know who you will get. Some just drive you to the parking spot, some drive around the lake, some are late, some answer questions, some provide some history.

Most seem like they came in for the cruise and they just want to go home.

:earsboy: Bill

I have an Illuminations cruise setup for 12/4 that I might cancel since we got a CP dinner package for the 8:15pm show 12/5.

We also have a reservation for Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage, 11/26. This is for Wishes fireworks, but different from just a Wishes cruise.

Of the 2, I've heard better reviews of the latter (PaPFV) specially if your kids like Peter Pan. This one has characters (Captain Hook/Smitty appearing before the cruise and Peter Pan at the end. There's some snacks provided before the cruise as well and the CM is normally funny.

I have an Illuminations cruise setup for 12/4 that I might cancel since we got a CP dinner package for the 8:15pm show 12/5.

We also have a reservation for Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage, 11/26. This is for Wishes fireworks, but different from just a Wishes cruise.

Of the 2, I've heard better reviews of the latter (PaPFV) specially if your kids like Peter Pan. This one has characters (Captain Hook/Smitty appearing before the cruise and Peter Pan at the end. There's some snacks provided before the cruise as well and the CM is normally funny.

I agree. Pirates fireworks was even fun for the adults. Quite the pre-cruise snack too! Enjoy.

I have done both the Illuminations cruise and the Wishes cruise. I like the Wishes better. The fireworks look great and you get to cruise around the lake beforehand. The Illuminations cruise is nice but there are just a few boats that are "sardined" by the bridge between France & England. The view is not great.

I prefer Wishes! The only time the Illuminations cruise was much better than described above (sardines packed near the bridge) was one NYE when the boats actually went into the lake and that was excellent! Also, one time a wedding was performed in a neighboring boat, that was fun to see!

We enjoyed the Pirates and Pals trip too! I think the hosts engage adults as wr'll as kids.

I've shared about 6 fireworks cruises with other Dis'ers and have enjoyed them all!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We have done several Illuminations cruises - they were all fantastic!
The best was the one we did during the holiday season when they do the tag on the end of Illuminations. It was absolutely spectacular!

One year it was so cold that the captain of our boat gave us blankets - it was FREEZING!

We are doing our first Wishes! cruise on our next trip. We have the Grand 1 booked! That's going to be incredible! I have seen in out on the lake a few times during Wishes! and always thought that would be an awesome way to see the show from a distance.

We've seen in from the Top of World Lounge, and it just isn't the same as viewing the fireworks from the front... where the show is plotted to be viewed from. It just isn't the same!

The only things that beats a fireworks cruise is having a late late late reservation at Ohana and being seated at the windows facing Cinderella Castle! :goodvibes

We love fireworks cruises!

The noise is greater at Illuminations because you are closer to the show. The Wishes cruise I thought was better, better view. When sandwiched with the other boats, more talking going on and not the best angle to see the whole show.

WISHES!!!!

We did the Wishes cruise two times and it was great. We boarded the boat at the CR docks and the captain was great. They have drinks and snacks and they gave us a great tour around the lakes. This cruise, both times, was in October so if you go that time of year be sure and take sweatshirts or jackets for the show.
The fireworks look their best from this vantage point.

The cruise at EPCOT proved (via friends) to be not so good. The boats have to moor next to the bridge and it gives just about the same vantage point as if you were standing on the walkways in the park. So no great perk there.

Here is the video I shot on the 2010 cruise we took. http://youtu.be/CRFsx_1QSFY

What is the CP dinner package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter