Firework Viewing from outside Magic Kingdom

ParkHill

Earning My Ears
I'm so bummed...had my heart set on doing dinner at California Grill one of the nights we were at Disney to watch the fireworks from the balcony...but every night we're there they are booked solid during those times... :sad:

SO...moving on...

As an alternative, we'd like to do dinner and then watch the fireworks from one of the resorts...I **think** I remember hearing the Polynesian and another resort had good firework viewing areas where they pipe in the music??

Of those resorts, which would you recommend for a good dinner and then fireworks? We will be there in early December, and are staying at POFQ if it makes any difference...

TIA!

I'm so bummed...had my heart set on doing dinner at California Grill one of the nights we were at Disney to watch the fireworks from the balcony...but every night we're there they are booked solid during those times... :sad:

SO...moving on...

As an alternative, we'd like to do dinner and then watch the fireworks from one of the resorts...I **think** I remember hearing the Polynesian and another resort had good firework viewing areas where they pipe in the music??

Of those resorts, which would you recommend for a good dinner and then fireworks? We will be there in early December, and are staying at POFQ if it makes any difference...

TIA!

For viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants
(they are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at well at
'Ohana at the Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,
and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

----------------------------------

The Beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view
of Wishes and other MK Fireworks shows.
They do "pipe in" the audio of the shows.
There are several ground-level speakers along the
sidewalk.

They also pipe the audio to the speakers at the Poly pool.
The audio level if better in some places (closer to the sidewalk, for instance) than others (far out on the beach, for instance.)

To find the "sweet spot" for viewing, stroll along the sidewalk until the Cinderella Castle comes into full view.

Poly-TTC-Basic_101209.jpg

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-
MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)

Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

-----------------------------

More Viewing Spots-

You can see them from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
the show) but you are not allowed to stand in the
Ferry loading area.

You can see them from the boat-dock and an outside
observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the
Grand Floridian. Anyone can stand on Narcoossee's Deck.
The outside deck is not a part of the actual restaurant. (All serving is done inside.)
The deck is accessed from the sidewalk outside the restaurant.
Also, good viewing from the Patio overlooking the Marina.
The sound of the show is piped into these areas too.

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor
observation area on the 4th floor.
The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck-N_090308.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

WL-N_CM-Lot_091809.gif

At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Marina (angle shown on the map below,) some of the view (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro) is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.
But, the view from the Ft. Wilderness' sand beach (farther north) is more open.
Still the tree-level can block the views of the lower-firing pyro.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

MK-Bay-Fwx_Views_093009.jpg

Here are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

It features the TTC. Guests can line up along the walkway to/from the Ferry loading area,
but the loading area, itself, is generally off-limits. The audio of the fireworks shows
is piped-in to this TTC viewing area as well.

MK-7Seas_Resorts_Fwx.jpg

----------------------------------

ParkHill said:
WOW...thanks so much!!! :worship:

You are the recipient of Robo's stock answer for this question. Can you tell it's been asked before a couple of times? ;)

We watched them from the beach at the Poly. It definately was a different experience.. We have also enjoyed them from the dock at the Grand.. couldnt hear the music, but enjoyed not having to fight the crowd.

I've enjoyed watching them from the dock area and Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian in the past. The music is piped in. Here is the view from the veranda around Narcoossee's:
DSC_0460_1.jpg

DSC_0374_1.jpg

Depending on when your trip is, I'd keep looking for a California Grill ADR. People's plans do change, so ADRs come open.

I always like seeing Robo's maps. And I really appreciate that he takes the time to make them and to post them to help folks like you and me.

Although maybe not as nice as the other places, the fence around the riverboat at the Ticket and Transportation Center is a great viewing spot. And you get a head start to the trams to get your car or buses around the corner to DTD, etc..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter