Firewood?

natkenicra

Earning My Ears
Do you bring your own firewood or can you purchase at the Fort, or is it supplied? Thank you:thumbsup2

Do you bring your own firewood or can you purchase at the Fort, or is it supplied? Thank you:thumbsup2

The only way you are allowed a campfire at FW is in a fully enclosed fire pit that you would have to supply. There are times when even these are not allowed due to dry conditions. FW does not sell firewood.

I'm sure a lot of other people might jump in here but for the most part campfires are not allowed at the Fort. They have a charcoal grill available for you at the site and a nightly campfire with chip and dale where you can go and toast marshmallows. I have seen some people talk about using covered portable fire pits but I don't know the official view on these. There was no firewood for sale for these at Fort Wilderness last week.

The only way you are allowed a campfire at FW is in a fully enclosed fire pit that you would have to supply. There are times when even these are not allowed due to dry conditions. FW does not sell firewood.

That's my understanding also, so leave the FW at home and go to the campfire/movie if you want that activity.

Larry

Not sure of the policy but i do know i saw signs saying not to use firewood from other areas of the country. To only use local woods due to insect reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter