• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fires in Orlando?! Everyone Ok?

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
CNN is showing a huge brush fire just east of Orlando, their graphic says "FLORIDA BURNING" they said there are some evacuations. Parts of I-95 closed. Hope everyone is ok! :guilty: Please check in if you are in the area.

Please Take our rain. I am tired of the rain. Here in Virginia it has rained since like last week. Please take it away so it can put our your fires. I would be so appreciative.

I think every May this comes up. I know last year there was a HUGE one that stretched from Georgia southward.

I hope everyone down there is OK!! And I hope you get that much needed rain soon.

Yea i have fires on both ends of my county its getting crazy. Just to give u an example of how bad it is both i-95 and us1 are closed in one section thats huge alot of land. Basically the only way i can get south or north now is to take 192 to Orlando an go from there. I hope that dosent get a fire then ill be trapped.

We'll give you some of our ran from Central IL (Peoria) also. It's been so wet the farmers can't get into th fields to plant!

We are having too much rain here too! DH is on a water rescue team and they've been evacuating people all day:sad2:

Praying for some rain to head to Florida!

Kim

Hey Robert (djlexus).....take care over there. We're thinking about you.!!!!

The majority of the fires are on the east coast.

Orlando / Kissimmee is currently ok, but the conditions are right.

Thank u Kevin im in the middle of both fires so im good but i do live across the street from whickham park which is a huge brush fire hazard will see what happens. I did drive down us1 and i swore i counted like 5 fires. Will see what happens.

Our local channels have pre-empted everything in order to cover this.

Volusia (Daytona Beach area) and Brevard (Cocoa Beach area) are having some serious and scary problems with fires.

The Governor has delared a state of emergency, so hopefully those folks will see some additional help soon.

People have lost homes in minutes.

Even a fire station has burned to the ground.

We hope and pray for the folks in the line of any danger.

Keep us posted Robert.

Hope all is well, and these things get taken out quickly!!! Stay Safe!

Stay safe fldisneymommyto2!!!!

We're thinking about you.

Kevin

thanks..my dd and I just walked outside and all the way around our house is smoke. We are probably about a mile from the fires, but they are in every direction. Every way there is black smoke going up. They have just said they have lost 8 homes. The strange thing is the fires are not just in one locations. The wind is terrible too.
Our city is divided into 4 quadrants.... and 3 of the 4 are on fire.
They just interviewed 2 people that lost their homes in Malabar (next town) and I knew both of them :sad2: One lady I worked with at Winn Dixie when I was in high school and the other was a teachers assistant at the school I used to teach at. Such a sad day around here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter