• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

firefly phone

dpratt68

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where I can get one of these phones at a great savings? I couldn't believe they wanted $100 for this phone. Any codes sales...please send them along

Just to give everyone a heads up, I looked at getting on for my DD and after reading some reviews, I decided not to. From what I remember, the reviews said it was very hard to hear anyone. Plus, My friend got one for her DD and they've stopped using it because they can't hear on it. This is after they returned the first one and got a new one, both had the same problem.... :confused3

thanks for that input. I was hoping this was going to be the product to give me piece of mind for my DS11. Anyone with a good experience?

Not too long ago we bought a cell phone for our daughter. We added a line to our phone plan for only $10/month, and we got her actual phone for free.

The Firefly really is very juvenile. An eleven year old would definitely think it's too babyish, and you'd probably end up replacing it soon. You'll be amazed at how much girls grow up in that 11th year. My daughter grew (mentally and physically) by leaps and bounds last year.

We got this phone from a BZZ Campaign and even though it is listed on the website as good in my area it wasn't. The best they could do was tell me I could go to a local provider and they could be their sim card in the phone. Thank goodness I didn't put the money out of the phone.

We have the Firefly here for my child and have had no problems. I will say that the hard of hearing thing is true for the most part, but we found that by getting the hands-free ear piece you can hear much better. Target carries the phone, accesories and the pre-paid cards. We did the research and found the Firefly able to hold the most phone numbers - more than the other child phones out there (such as the Migo and another I forget the name). This is just our experience with it.

Next June my DD turns 11. For next school year(2007-2008) I'm thinking of getting her a TracFone. She'll get the bus on the corner and will have to come home to an empty house. I'm getting her a TracFone in case she can't get in the house and gets scared. As of right now, she's a MAJOR Drama Queen.

Don't do it!! I bought my DD6 a firefly last christmas and my DD9 a "free" phone that came with adding a line to our plan. My thinking was that I didn't want my 6 y.o. making long distance calls or receiving any wierd calls. Well, I soon realized what a mistake I made. First of all, a 6 y.o. should know enough not to just start dialing random numbers, and it's not very often that even I get any wierd calls on my phone. The firefly is so hard to hear & talk into, since it's so small and doesn't flip open. Not being able to call any phone number except the programmed ones has ended up being a major pain, not a pro. And of course, she thinks this is a "baby" phone and wanted a real one like her sister. Another big con is that it cost me $90! So we used this phone maybe 3 times, and finally just switched the sim card to another phone last month so we would at least get some use out of it. Just get whatever phone is free, or cheap!

PaMom001 said:
Next June my DD turns 11. For next school year(2007-2008) I'm thinking of getting her a TracFone. She'll get the bus on the corner and will have to come home to an empty house. I'm getting her a TracFone in case she can't get in the house and gets scared. As of right now, she's a MAJOR Drama Queen.

If your thinking of getting the TracFone. PM me for info on getting a free phone & free minutes.
Deb

I got one for my dd 11 last year. She hated it. For one she said it was too babyish and refused to use it. Then add to that, the minutes expired after 30 or 90 days I don't remember. biggest waste of $100 I ever spent. Now it just sits thrown in a drawer. :rolleyes:

dbgardener said:
If your thinking of getting the TracFone. PM me for info on getting a free phone & free minutes.
Deb
I am very interested in this but can't find where to PM you. Is there any info you can post?

I wanted to buy this for my son last month and it was discounted to at least $59 on most online stores....I was told at cingular they weren't making it anymore so I ended up buying a prepaid phone at Walmart for $49

Now it looks like it's back up to $99, even at Target.

dpratt68 said:
I am very interested in this but can't find where to PM you. Is there any info you can post?

I just sent you a PM. You can read it by clicking on the Private Messages link at the upper right hand corner at the top of this page under your user name.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter