Fire alarm at Poly

We were there too. Waited outside until the fire department cleared us to enter. Dont know what happened.

It was something on the first floor but I have no idea what. Would like to know if anyone hears anything.

We were there too. The scary part is that fire dept did not show up for at least 25 min after the alarm started. If it was a real emergency it could have been really bad. We were on the third floor and did not notice anything awry.

I thought the same thing about the fire dept! I wonder if they had a code of some sort that told them what the problem was. When they arrived, they weren't fully suited and didn't seem to be in a big hurry. They entered like they knew exactly what they were going for….straight to the end of the building instead of through the entrance right by the truck.

DH said the same thing about how they weren't suited up. I was really impressed with how all the kiddos behaved. I did not hear one cry or anything. I think that is amazing considering the ages of many of the children! I would not have been impressed at that age

Reedy Creek can respond really fast, so they must have had a way of knowing that there were no real issues. Thank goodness all are okay. And living here, I KNOW no one had to worry about "freezing" outside in their jammies. :rolleyes1Hope everyone was able to get some sleep afterward!

I saw someone post Disney sent nice gifts to the people staying in the rooms as an apology. I thought that was nice. I also thought I heard it was a technical issue.

Were the alarms very loud? I imagine they were... my 5 year old would have freaked. My kids are easy going but the sound of fire alarms and our home alarm really shakes them up.

I saw someone post Disney sent nice gifts to the people staying in the rooms as an apology. I thought that was nice. I also thought I heard it was a technical issue.

Were the alarms very loud? I imagine they were... my 5 year old would have freaked. My kids are easy going but the sound of fire alarms and our home alarm really shakes them up.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone pulled the alarm. You might explain to your children that not all alarms mean fire, but that it is just warning for you to be safe and leave the building. Safety first! But it is a horrible way to be awakened. Most kids don't even wake up to an alarm clock because mom or dad awaken them, so hearing something so blaring must be a real shock to their system. All alarms are very loud, they want to awaken those that are sleeping.

I doubt if Disney gave everyone in the building something. They usually pick a family or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter