Finnegan's on HHN night

mlclements

Mouseketeer
We usually make a dinner reservation when we go to HHN at Finnegan's. We usually make it around 4:30 or so. I went to make a reservation and they aren't accepting reservations from 3:15-6:00 on any HHN night. I called and no one has been able to give me an answer to why they aren't accepting them. Has anyone else had this problem? I was wondering if it will be walkup only during those time.

Jacinda.........people are upset their long made reservations were cancelled.

I myself have NO such reservation as I don't like Finnegans and wouldn't eat there.

The OP of the linked post made a fuss and got her reservation reinstated.

I am sure the aforementioned people will enjoy reading your description of them. I never felt any of them thought they were royalty.......just people asking why their reservations were cancelled and not getting a response from anyone when they called or emailed Finnegans.

I hope you can understand people's queries in this matter.

Restaurants have the right to change their policies. They were informed long before the night came. They need to speak with guest services NOT the people at Finnegans. Universal has an entire department which is devoted to speaking to guests about complaints. Just because the Others behaved in a bad manner (complaining until you get your way is extremely rude) doesn't mean that more should follow. This is all sooo simple: Finnegan's changed their policy, they informed the guests well ahead of time - they do NOT need to justify or explain anything further.

Last edited:

I think not explaining is quite bad mannered myself, I know of at least person who has not been informed of this change.......I also think being rude is bad mannered too.

I don't see any entitlement in people asking questions.

Some people called guest services and were put through to Finnegans.

I agree......I strongly dislike rude entitled people.

(...)This is all sooo simple: Finnegan's changed their policy, they informed the guests well ahead of time - they do NOT need to justify or explain anything further.

I'm not sure I really want to eat there anyway, but my problem with the whole thing is that I have not been contacted, and my reservation appears to still be valid. I'll call after the parties start and we can see what is actually happen with people whose reservations have not been cancelled.

It's going to be very interesting to say the least.

gambling sort I am, predicting Finnegan's prime location for HHN will be a specially ticketed, expensive reservation with a limited menu next year if the monsters' café works well this year. Do think the bar area will still be walk up.

if not for HHN, it would hold no appeal for me, other than the guitarist. Seems to be the same menu for last decade, if not longer. Worse, the food quality & service has seriously slipped. It's a nice venue, come on Finnegans, shake it up ala Ragland Road.

It's going to be very interesting to say the least.

gambling sort I am, predicting Finnegan's prime location for HHN will be a specially ticketed, expensive reservation with a limited menu next year if the monsters' café works well this year. Do think the bar area will still be walk up.

if not for HHN, it would hold no appeal for me, other than the guitarist. Seems to be the same menu for last decade, if not longer. Worse, the food quality & service has seriously slipped. It's a nice venue, come on Finnegans, shake it up ala Ragland Road.

We had much the same thought Janet.........Finnegans could well become an expensive add on to your HHN experience........business wise it makes sense.........we all know how busy it is every year at that time.

We had such an awful meal and service there last time it's not a place I'd choose given the option, but you're right it's a nice venue and a good sized place for meet ups........

Restaurants have the right to change their policies. They were informed long before the night came. They need to speak with guest services NOT the people at Finnegans. Universal has an entire department which is devoted to speaking to guests about complaints. Just because the Others behaved in a bad manner (complaining until you get your way is extremely rude) doesn't mean that more should follow. This is all sooo simple: Finnegan's changed their policy, they informed the guests well ahead of time - they do NOT need to justify or explain anything further.

I agreee with policy changes. Not responding to emails is both unprofessional and unacceptable. I beleive you would you also be upset if you made a simple inquiry and received no response whether electronically or in person.

I didn't complain, or threaten or anything like that. I just asked for explanation as to why my Rez was cancelled.

And quite frankly, I felt they did need to explain.

Read the thread referenced earlier. I'd have been fine not eating at Finnegans. I just thought they could have handled the cancellations differently.

I agreee with policy changes. Not responding to emails is both unprofessional and unacceptable. I beleive you would you also be upset if you made a simple inquiry and received no response whether electronically or in person.
Exactly my point. I really didn't care if I couldn't eat at Finnegans. It's just a convenient location during the lockdown hours.

Not responding to a customer inquiry in a timely manner is what bothered me.

I should also add, I emailed the addresses that were provided in the message I received. I didn't go out of my way to torment the people at Finnegans.

I should also add, I emailed the addresses that were provided in the message I received. I didn't go out of my way to torment the people at Finnegans.

You weren't rude in the least. Complaining to get what you were promised shouldn't be characterized as "complaining until you get your way".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter