Finnegan's Bar & Grill

goofy about mickey

Mouseketeer
I don't remember seeing many comments on these boards about Finnegan's Bar & Grill at Universal Studios.

I went to school for a short time in Britain and feel nostalgic when ordering such dishes as Scotch Eggs and Shepherd's Pie, so I was thinking about trying this restaurant on my next visit.

Who has tried this restaurant, what menu options (if any) would you recommend and how would you say that it compares to other Universal Orlando dining options?

Thank you!

We were there in April, the food was good, I cant remember what we ate. There was an accordian player singing Irish songs. We had a nice time there.

Patty

It's located across from where Kong used to be. Nice bar to hang out in for a rest. Happy hour ends early at 5pm, and they charge $5 for a bud draft (ouch). I'd suggest you go there for a late lunch and save on drink prices from 3-5.

We had dinner there in July. We really liked the potato and onion web, but weren't too fond of our dinners. Don't think I'd go there for dinner again, but would go there for drinks and snacks.

We love the food at Finnegan's. I had the pot pie, DH had the bangers and mashed potatoes and DS had a chicken sandwich. The food is great and to me the best choice at US.

We had lunch there a week ago, very good food & service. I'd definitely recommend it.

My family and I eat there on all our trips to Universal.It's our favorite dining stop at the studios.It's especially nice when the "Blue's Brother's"are performing outside!!

I, too, went to school in England (Beaumont College, now defunct) and I can report that the Finnegan's versions of fish and chips, bangers and Mash, and shepherd's pie are pretty good.

But my guess is they won't match up to your memories of the "real thing."

Thanks so much to everyone for your replies! Compared to Mythos, you don't hear too much about Finnegan's so all of your comments were really helpful. I think I'll definitely try it for lunch in January.

gschmerl - The potato and onion web sounds interesting. I'll be sure to look for and ask about it during my visit.

SRRN and pathubia - Live entertainment, huh? That would be nice. Hopefully, I'll time my visit right.

robvia - OK. I've made a note to go for drinks elsewhere. 3-5pm is probably too late of a lunch for me on this trip. Of course it seems like a waste to visit a pub and not order a pint...

kellymonaghan - My memories of English pub food are probably most closely linked to my trips to The Eagle and the Child (reported favorite "watering hole" of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkein) and The Turf (Jude the Obscure/Inspector Morse). My visit to Finnegans might turn out to be quite good, but I'll be sure to adjust my expectations accordingly and won't expect them to compete against those old sentimental favorites. ;)

Thanks again!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter