• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finished tinkering with reservations...wdyt?

krismanda

Mouseketeer
I think I'm finally done ironing out dining plans for our December trip! We are a family of 4 (kids will be 7 and turning 3 during trip). The only repeats for us are Tusker House, Ohana and CRT. Do these look ok ? Input on CS at MK would be appreciated.

Day 1 - arrive AKL midday - early dinner Boma

Day 2 - HS - lunch Sci Fi, dinner starring rolls

Day 3 - Epcot - lunch Biergarten, MVMCP in evening w/cs dinner TBD (any reccs? We are at Casey's last time and weren't impressed).

Day 4 - MK - CS lunch (same issue as night before!), dinner Ohana

Day 5 - AK - breakfast Tusker House, dinner Flame Tree

Day 6 - resort day/dtd for lunch at TREX, dinner at Sanaa for dh and I, kids to kids club.

Day 7 - MK - BBB, breakfast at Cinderellas Royal Table, dinner at Be Our Guest

Day 8 - open. We have an early evening flight. Planning to let kids decide what park they want to spend last day revisiting.

Columbia Harbor House in MK is my favorite QS when we don't want the usual burger and fries. Otherwise, you have some great choices! :thumbsup2

You have Starring Rolls for dinner. If you want a sandwich, they are pre-made and a fixed quantity so they may not have any left by the time you get there since they're popular for lunch.

To offer a suggestion, I'm looking at Backlot Express or Min& Bill's for our dinner CS there.

Also, not sure which timeframe you're making the transition from Epcot to MK but if it's close to dinnertime, I'd stop at the Contemporary stop on the monorail and hit up Contempo Cafe for a CS dinner, lots of great options (mahi mahi, pot roast, etc).

I think I'm finally done ironing out dining plans for our December trip! We are a family of 4 (kids will be 7 and turning 3 during trip). The only repeats for us are Tusker House, Ohana and CRT. Do these look ok ? Input on CS at MK would be appreciated.

Day 2 - HS - lunch Sci Fi, dinner starring rolls
Starring Rolls closes at 4pm. They only have pre-made sandwiches and they'd be gone by closing time. If you really want to eat there, switch your lunch and dinner restaurants.

Day 3 - Epcot - lunch Biergarten, MVMCP in evening w/cs dinner TBD (any reccs? We are at Casey's last time and weren't impressed).
Good suggestion to choose a Monorail Resort CS. Either Poly (Captain Cook's), Grand Floridian (Gasparilla Grille) or Contemporary (Contempo Cafe), which is my choice. If you choose the Contemporary, you could walk to MK after. If you monorail from the Contemporary, you have to stop at the TTC and the other Monorail Resorts first before the MK stop. The other two resorts, you could monorail to MK or take the small boat. The Resort Monorail runs clock-wise from the TTC. The TTC is where you would exit the Epcot Monorail and switch to the MK Express Monorail or the Resort Monorail.
You should have a few choices in reserve. If you're at one side of the park, you don't want a single CS choice on the other side of the park. I would narrow it down to Columbia Harbor House (Liberty Square/Frontierland), Pecos Bill's (Adventureland/Frontierland) or Cosmic Ray's (Tomorrowland/Fantasyland).​

Day 6 - resort day/dtd for lunch at TREX, dinner at Sanaa for dh and I, kids to kids club.

Day 7 - MK - BBB, breakfast at Cinderellas Royal Table, dinner at Be Our Guest

Day 8 - open. We have an early evening flight. Planning to let kids decide what park they want to spend last day revisiting.
Comments in Red (above).

Unless something has recently changed, Starring Rolls isn't open for dinner. I think it closes in the late afternoon.

Day 2 - HS - lunch Sci Fi, dinner starring rolls Love Sci Fi the kids will love the atmosphere. A must for us!

Day 3 - Epcot - lunch Biergarten, MVMCP in evening w/cs dinner TBD (any reccs? We are at Casey's last time and weren't impressed). We love Biergarden, the Oompa band is so much fun. The kids can go up there and dance.

Day 6 - resort day/dtd for lunch at TREX, dinner at Sanaa for dh and I, kids to kids club. T-Rex is a must for us! Request the ice cave area, if it won't increase your wait too much. It's our favorite spot.

Day 7 - MK - BBB, breakfast at Cinderellas Royal Table, dinner at Be Our Guest We enjoyed BOG very much, check out the menu for the kids and see if there is anything they would like. I have read that some kids did not like the kids menu.

We like Tomorrowland Terrace for CS as there are quite a few options.

Thanks everyone !

I didn't even think about starring rolls not being open for dinner. I originally had planned to lunch there and dinner at sci fi and then flipped them. I like the idea of eating at a monorail resort instead.

Thanks for the MK CS recs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter