• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finished our pressed penny holders

tlh0726

DIS Veteran
My attempt while trying to learn photoshop elements so that I do not have to keep bothering all the great designers here.

DD just had to have mickey and minnie getting married. :lovestruc (told DH look out, expensive disney wedding in her future)

The wording on top is their names.

The wording on the bottom is pressed penny money on the tubes and pressed pennies on the gum containers.

20100226_0959.jpg

those look great!!
What kind of gum was in the gum containers? I must try to find them! Such a good idea!

I am interested in how you made them....size? I have photoshop elements and am tryin to figure some disigns out so i dont bother everyone anymore

Thanks!
PP is correct, it is a Mentos gum container

The image size I used (I had the sizes switched on my original post - the below info has been corrected - sorry)

M&M tube is 3.75 wide 5.25 high
mentos gum is 4.25 wide 2.75 high

They are fab!!! I have got my containers just need to get going and design something to put on them. Thanks for the measurements as well.

Lisa :)

You all are quite welcome.

One thing I noticed, and it may just be me, but the m&m tube seemed just a little bit narrower at the bottom then the top. I had to trim just a little bit off of each side of the design so it would not overlap my wording on the bottom. Top fit perfectly.

I also placed my design on the contact paper so it would be flat/smooth and then wrapped it (as one) around the tube.

Those are so great! :yay: I literally bought pressed penny tri-fold books on eBay five minutes before doing a search on here. I have to say I like your idea better! My 7 year old loves doing the penny presses.

edited to add: I love doing the penny presses, too ;)

Wow, those look great.

We have never done the pressed pennies before, does anyone have any idea how many "stations" there are? In other words, how many quarters and pennies do you pack?

TIA,
April

Absolutely LOVE that!!!! We are doing pressed pennies for the first time this year. IS there any way you would consider emailing me the designs? TIA!

Wow, those look great.

We have never done the pressed pennies before, does anyone have any idea how many "stations" there are? In other words, how many quarters and pennies do you pack?

TIA,
April

Here is a website that lists what the coins are and the locations at WDW and Disneyland: http://www.presscoins.com/

There are hundreds around WDW so you probably will not get them all. You can make it a fun scavenger hunt for the kids...get them when you happen to run across them.

Saw the thread was posted to and then noticed I reversed the sizes :eek:
OOPS!!!
M&M tube is 3.75 wide 5.25 high
mentos gum is 4.25 wide 2.75 high

Absolutely LOVE that!!!! We are doing pressed pennies for the first time this year. IS there any way you would consider emailing me the designs? TIA!

I will gladly email them to you.
I sent you a pm.

tina

I'm a little ify on the pressed coin fab...I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of what to do with them later...like after the vacation? A tube full of pressed coins and nowhere to display them or do something with them just doesn't sound very interesting. Am I missing the idea completly?

I'm a little ify on the pressed coin fab...I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of what to do with them later...like after the vacation? A tube full of pressed coins and nowhere to display them or do something with them just doesn't sound very interesting. Am I missing the idea completly?

This would be great for while you are on vacation to put them in. We never got around to putting them into the book we bought so I was finding those things everywhere in the suitcases when we got home.

Someone posted on another thread that if you go to guest relations inside any of the parks they will print you out a listing of all the machines as well.
Just request a pressed penny packet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter