Finished My first 5K Race

funlowellguy

Earning My Ears
Hey All...just wanted to share! This weekend I finished my first 5K Road Race with a time of 35:35.

I had been training with the Couch to 5K program for awhile and seriously started from scratch with it. I've lost about 50 pounds and have continued to go running 3 times a week even though the actual Couch to 5K is over.

I just wanted to send a big thank you to everyone on these boards for sharing their stories and tips. I don't really post a lot, but I still find these boards to be really inspiring!

Congratulations! Both are fantastic achievements you should really be proud of. Stories like this are just as inspirational to everyone else. Thank you so much for sharing and keep up the great work!

-steve

Fantastic! As the PP said, you should be proud of the race results and the weight loss! :thumbsup2

Congrats!!! Great job! I too did the C25K this spring and ran my first 5K in summer - it was such a huge accomplishment - I still remember how great it felt to do something you never thought you could do! Enjoy your accomplishment - it takes a lot of hard work! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the shout outs!

It still feels really weird to think about doing it. Before I started running I weighed 324 lbs and I didn't realize how much I was letting my weight issues hold me back in my life until I started losing and being more active. It's crazy to think about now, but I was so self conscious that I didn't want to go out with friends, meet new people, or (god forbid) even think about dating. It still kind of makes me sad to think about, but it makes me really motivated to keep up with the work outs and healthy eating.

I still have a ways to go, but one day at a time, right? Thanks again for the kind words!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter