Finger Food Recipe Needed!!! Quick and Easy

DizneyDogs

DIS Veteran
We are having a Christmas party at work tomorrow and I was going to bring cream cheese tortilla roll-ups until my co-worker just announced to everyone that is what she is bringing. UGH now I need to come up with something else. Headed out to the grocery store in a few hours after work and racking my brain of what to make now. Any quick/easy and yummy ideas appreciated

Maybe it's just an indicator of the maturity level of the adults I hang out with :rotfl2: but this is always fun & goes fast!

CRISP RICE CEREAL SUSHI
from the California Grill, Contemporary
8 fruit roll-ups
¼ c butter
10 oz miniature marshmallows
6 c Rice Crispies
16 Gummi worms or
24 Swedish fish
Unroll fruit & place plastic down on cutting board; set aside. Melt butter; add marshmallows, stirring until melted. Remove from heat; stir in cereal until blended. Spread ~½ cup cereal mixture quickly over each fruit roll, leaving a 1” border on 1 long side. Put 2 worms or 3 fish lengthwise down center. Begin rolling on side w/o border. Press to seal. Cut into 4 slices. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with chopsticks, if desired. Yield: 32 rolls.

[NOTE: The instructions don't say this, but it is important to leave the fruit roll-up on the plastic - only remove it as you roll the sushi! Otherwise all those cut-outs in the new fruit roll-ups will pop out leaving gaps & look weird!

how about shrimp and cocktail sauce....can't get easier than that.

Or place a block of cream cheese on a plate, pour some cocktail sauce over it, then top it with mini shrimps. You can buy them frozen, thaw and eat. serve with crackers

Or heres another if you have a micro...

Spread cream cheese in a casserole dish, top with a can of hormel chili, top with shredded cheese. Micro till bubbly, serve with tostito scoops or fritos.

Or here is one of my families favs

2 crescent rolls....press into a cookie sheet to form a crust. Bake according to temp on package being careful not to overcook.

Mix together 1-2 blocks of cream cheese with 1 pkg dry Hidden Valley and 1 tablespoon of milk. Spread on cooled crescent crust.

Top with shredded carrots, finely chopped brocoli, finely chopped red pepper or whatever other veggies you like. Keep refrigerated, cut into slices and serve....yummy!!!!

My girlfriends fav...

crescent rolls, little mini sausages....wrap sausages in pieces of crescent roll. Bake according to crescent temp on package. Serve with dipping sauces...hot mustard, bbq, sweet and sour....etc.

hope you get it all done and have fun too!

piratesmate said:
Maybe it's just an indicator of the maturity level of the adults I hang out with :rotfl2: but this is always fun & goes fast!

CRISP RICE CEREAL SUSHI
from the California Grill, Contemporary
8 fruit roll-ups
¼ c butter
10 oz miniature marshmallows
6 c Rice Crispies
16 Gummi worms or
24 Swedish fish
Unroll fruit & place plastic down on cutting board; set aside. Melt butter; add marshmallows, stirring until melted. Remove from heat; stir in cereal until blended. Spread ~½ cup cereal mixture quickly over each fruit roll, leaving a 1” border on 1 long side. Put 2 worms or 3 fish lengthwise down center. Begin rolling on side w/o border. Press to seal. Cut into 4 slices. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with chopsticks, if desired. Yield: 32 rolls.

[NOTE: The instructions don't say this, but it is important to leave the fruit roll-up on the plastic - only remove it as you roll the sushi! Otherwise all those cut-outs in the new fruit roll-ups will pop out leaving gaps & look weird!

Hmm, I'm going to have to try these.

Here's another suggestion along the same lines:

Kid's Sushi

Heat a flour tortilla (any size) over a gas burner (a frying pan would be fine if you have electric)

Place on a plate or paper towel.

Spread first with crunchy peanut butter, then with jam (any flavor) - be sure to leave about 1/2 - 1" at the end of the tortilla.

Sprinkle with rice krispies.

Roll up tightly, and wrap with plastic wrap.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

to serve, unwrap, and slice into 1 - 1 1/2" pieces. plate cut-side up!

yield: as many as you feel like making
:)

Got a small crock pot?

Meatballs with cranberry/chili sauce mixture

Chips with salsa/rotel/chili and velveeta melted together

Cocktail weenies in bbq sauce

I'm sure it's too late by now, but my favorite easy quick finger food to bring is spinach dip, following the recipe on the side of the vegetable soup packet (I use Knorr) - you mix sour cream, mayo, the soup mix, and thawed frozen spinach together, chill, and voila! Serve with bread cubes, chips, vegetables...

goofymom/pop said:
Or here is one of my families favs

2 crescent rolls....press into a cookie sheet to form a crust. Bake according to temp on package being careful not to overcook.

Mix together 1-2 blocks of cream cheese with 1 pkg dry Hidden Valley and 1 tablespoon of milk. Spread on cooled crescent crust.

Top with shredded carrots, finely chopped brocoli, finely chopped red pepper or whatever other veggies you like. Keep refrigerated, cut into slices and serve....yummy!!!!

Did you see the front of the pillsbury appetizer cookbook this month? It has this recipe but instead of placing it on a cookie sheet you cut the dough into 16 slices that are round and then make a christmas tree shape, and they used red peppers for garland and then cut a star out of a yellow pepper very festive...I am going to make it for the next work xmas party next week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter