Finding your luggage at airport

mrsheppo

Mom to 11 and still partially sane
I found an easy way to personalize my luggage to make it easy to find at the airport. For about $3.00 I bought a small stencil, paint and a brush and stencilled green ivy on the front and back of each suitcase we are taking. Used a bright green paint to make it easy to spot at luggage claim.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Thats a great idea. I was wondering how to make our plain black suitcases stand out from everyone elses plain black suitcases. Thanks for the idea. Now I'll just have to decide on a stencil.

I've painted my last 2 pieces of luggage!

The first one when I was in college, I did with a lime green and bright blue, just did stripes on raised parts on the luggage and then did my own little design. And I always paint a tiny lucky clover on the top ;)

My newest luggage is painted in a metallic blue and light blue.....it's pretty! :D

It really does help finding your luggage, and not a chance someone elses will look the same! And it's fun :D

Well, I'm not quite as creative as you, but I did put a Mickey sticker on the wheel (which believe it or not, stayed on!) and tied an old bandana on the handle. Otherwise it's impossible to tell one black bag from another.

one thing I do to find my bag is to put a huge piece of curling ribbon on the. cheap and easy!
I usually use the "ugliest" or loudest color I can find.
Works everytime!

I have fairly big Mickey head luggage tags from Company D
(the cast member store). And i have never seen these on any other luggage. :D I have tried stickers, but the way the handlers just throw the luggage into the luggage comparment, they did not last long. :(
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

My niece gave my husband a spongebob sticker, so that is on his suitcase and I have a G.R.I.T.S. sticker on mine!

<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#00CC66">What a fabulous idea!  And if you're comfortable freehand painting (no stencil), try using fabric paint - <i>Scribbles</i> is a good brand and they're less than a dollar each at the Rag Shoppe or Wal-Mart.  They even come in </font><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#CC0066">day</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#FF0000">-glo</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#00CC66"> colors.</font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#00CC66">  </font>

recently we made our black luggage "stand out" by sticking adhesive large round neon yellow color coding labels on it (mainly on the sides, to better spot it on the luggage carousel) - kind of looked like giant dominoes, but no one else's luggage looked like ours! (and no one accidentally took ours by mistake, either!)

We used DUCT TAPE LOL get the NEON colored Duct tape and aternate the colors on the handle and also on the wheel bases. YOU WILL NEVER LOOSE THE LUGGAGE :) Believe me when we went on our cruise and had to find the black luggage in a room full of a zillion suite cases we had NO PROBLEMO!!!!!

Lew:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I just ordered 2 luggage tags and a fanny pack from the DISshop!! I can't wait to see them and use them on our upcoming trip!!:hyper:

After years of searching for our black bags at baggage pick up, we got smart and our newest luggage is RED! I tie lime DIS-green ribbons to the handle on every trip to MCO and it's extra easy to spot!

For our trip this year, we had gotten all new black luggage and my mom made us the biggest, brightest yellow pom poms out of yarn... they weren't pretty, but by the time we had gotten from the gate to baggage claim on our flight home, my mom had already spotted those yellow pom poms and fetched our luggage for us... worked great for us!

Many many years ago when I first started traveling for work it seemed that there was a variety of sizes and colors that helped tell bags apart. Now a days everything is a black brick on wheels and it gets very hard to tell them apart. Normally I drive but once or twice a year I do a long weekend and fly down. After the last visit I said enough and found a bright Red wheeler with a rounded top at ebags. I had a roll of yellow 1/4" shock cord that I wrapped very securely around all the handles. This bag I can see as soon as it hits the belt there are no others like it.

If you are putting anything loose on the bags keep it as short as possible or the great idea of DisneyBrat a highly visible tape. Long cords zipper pulls and luggage tags have been known to snag in automated baggage handling jamming the systems or tearing the bags and the worst case is what is left of your stuff just sort of stacked on a open bag going round and round the baggage carousel.

RussH

I received my 2 DIS luggage tags and 1 DIS fanny pack yesterday!!
The tags are eye-catching, yet attractive and very easy to attach to luggage. I filled out our info on the tags and put them on our two suitcases as soon as I got them.
The fanny pack is light-weight and has thee compartments. I can't wait to use it in a few days.
I know I'm over-excited (it's the simple things. . . ), but OH WELL!!:tongue: :hyper:

I found several spoons of cloth-type ribbon at Garden Ridge on clearance rack and used fabric glue to glue all the way around the outside of my bags. The ribbon has flowers on it and stands out. Then I used a small piece of the ribbon and glued a strip to the back of each bag. I can spot my bags as soon as they come out of the carousel.

Here's another idea for spotting luggage at the airport:

I purchased Disney patches and will hot glue them to my black luggage!

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter