Finding Traveling Companions

addicted_to_WDW

<font color="darkorchid">He's a teenaged skate rat
I get the feeling that this may be a no-no here, but is there a forum anywhere where people who want a travelling companion to WDW can hook up?

I usually travel with my family, but occassionally wouldn't mind ditching them. It would be good to find someone to travel with to cut costs.

I am not aware of a forum like that, sorry.

I don't know of anyone who would be willing to share a hotel room with a total stranger. Aside from that, what other ways are there to save $ with a "traveling" companion?

Well Jen, don't give up hope yet because I've done it, through these boards. A bunch of us women decided to plan a getaway weekend and we did just that - it was pretty cool. Most of us were people who had been talking to each other through posts for a while though.

It did work out well enough that a lot of the original attendees want to do it again - 1st weekend in February. We split costs - 2 or 3 to a room. We met up for dinners and breakfasts almost daily but if you had something else you wanted to do you weren't obligated to go along. I had a great time, both on my own and with the group.

We had a few laughs over meeting on the internet - one of our trippers said her Mom warned her what kind of people we would turn out to be, LOL - but overall we were astonishingly normal. (And I was probably quite boring. :D) There's a lot of trust involved when someone you've never met books a room you're going to stay in, on both sides...what can I say, I just felt very comfortable with my future roommates based on "seeing" them around here for a year or so beforehand. I plan on doing that again someday, not sure when.

Oh, and I think the whole thing started when someone posted on the boards, "I think I need a solo trip" and someone else said "me too." So it didn't take much. :D I hope you get an opportunity to do the same.

I was thinking of doing this up here, maybe you can consider it. I'm thinking of using this board or my ski club board to find adult travelers in my area. You could get together for dinner, disney movies or museum trips. That way you can build up the trust level required.

My problem is not the room cost but some things are best experienced with at least one other person around to be able to say....oh wow did you see that?

I put a post on here a while ago, asking the same thing, unfortunatly, only two people replied. As i am far away in the land of down under, and not expecting ot be going to WDW for a year or so, I am very open to sharing with people. I'd like ot getto know other singles too, and form some friendships,a s i ahve in toehr intrests, but i am finding it hard in teh Duisney area!!!

Please email me jovirocks@smartchat.net.au

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter