Finding Happiness at Disney "for the first time in forever!"

BekahBelle

Mouseketeer
Growing up, Disney was the only place my family would even consider as a vacation. There was something so magical, so special, so non-judgemental and happy about being together alongside thousands of other people doing the same thing. Before April, we had not been to Disney in about 6 years. During those 6 years our family experienced some very tough things including my grandfather's passing, my dad's heart attack and brain anuerism, and my mother's battle with breast cancer (which she conquered! Yay mom!), and my own residence at a treatment facility for severe depression, anxiety, and trichotillomania. During this time, I was very confused and disillusioned, and dealt with what I was feeling by moving away and isolating myself from my family to the point of not talking to them, except at Holidays. I lost myself and didn't want to be alive anymore. Then, at Christmas, my mom surprised my dad and brother with a short, two day trip to Disney over Spring Break. And despite all our differences, she invited me too! When we finally made the trip, it was like coming alive again. When we walked through the gates at the Magic Kingdom and saw the castle in the distance,and heard my sixteen year old brother and mom shout out "Look! It's so beautiful!" I just stood there and sobbed. For the first time in for ever, alla Anna, I felt happiness and peace surge through my body. I felt connected to my family again, felt the childhood magic and dreams come into my heart again. I was at home. The line "In dreams you can lose your heartache, whatever you wish for will be" was so true for me when I heard the music playing.
The trip was delightful. My family and I are speaking again, and I have had a resurgence of dreams and hope for the future!It may sound overly cheesy, but Disney has given me a new chance at life, and healed my heartache and the differences in my family. For us, it truly is and always will be "The Happiest Place on Earth!"

I can relate! I call Disney my happy place, and for me, it is somewhere that awakens my soul. I was lucky enough to go solo last year for a few days, and it was truly magical for me. Never give up, and keep the memories you made close to your heart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter