Finding cheap shoe holders for travel

Merriwind

Always looking for an excuse to go to WDW...
Hi all-

Posted this on the budget board too, but thought I might find help here...

We're leaving for our first DCL in just a couple of weeks. Dmom and I have been looking all over for the dollar store over door shoe holders people recommend for holding toiletries on the cruise. Three Dollar Trees later, no shoe holder. The cheapest we've foudn is $10 at WalMart, but we'd like something cheap enough to throw away.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated!

I also searched several dollar stores. Found one at Target for $5.99.
There was another one at Target for $10. Just keep looking! The cheaper one was one or two aisles over.

This is an item that's good to have for future travels. You won't be disappointed if you spend a bit more and it means you can use it again. :)

I bought a "Child's Shoe Holder" at The Dollar Tree the other day. It's smaller than a regular one but has the same pockets. It's not clear plastic, the pockets are blue, red and yellow, but for the price it will be fine for us. I found it in the area with the hangers and laundry items. The Dollar Tree also had a clear shower caddy bag - same idea as the shoe bag with pockets in their "bath item" area. It has a hook and will hang also. I splurged and bought one of each for the whopping price of $2.00.
They also had a multi-plug strip for $1.00 that will allow you to plug in several items at once. If I leave them all behind I won't care one bit. Gotta love The Dollar Tree!
:love:

We bought one at Target a few years ago for about $8. It's been used by our dd ever since. It hangs on the back of her door and holds Barbie dolls. Perfect for that! Now I'll have to reclaim it for this cruise!!! :rotfl:

I like the clear ones so you can see stuff that falls to the bottoms of the pockets. The ones at dollar tree only had like six pockets and were not clear.

We'd also gotten one of those pop up clothes hampers and it's been pressed into service as a stuffed animal holder ever since! I guess I'll have to raid her room when we go to pack! :rolleyes1

K.

I bought a "Child's Shoe Holder" at The Dollar Tree the other day. It's smaller than a regular one but has the same pockets. It's not clear plastic, the pockets are blue, red and yellow, but for the price it will be fine for us. I found it in the area with the hangers and laundry items. The Dollar Tree also had a clear shower caddy bag - same idea as the shoe bag with pockets in their "bath item" area. It has a hook and will hang also. I splurged and bought one of each for the whopping price of $2.00.
They also had a multi-plug strip for $1.00 that will allow you to plug in several items at once. If I leave them all behind I won't care one bit. Gotta love The Dollar Tree!
:love:
Yes, saw the colorful ones, I wanted a clear one. Can't see that I would be very organized if I couldn't see what was in the pockets!

Also check places like Ross and TJ Maxx. I got mine at Ross for $4 a few years back. Also, if you have Anna's Linnens, try there.

Thanks for all the ideas. Guess I've have to do more shopping, darn!

Dollar Tree is really a hit and miss. I bought one before Christmas, after looking for a few months, and didn't see any more until today. Just bought a second one and there were only about 5 left. Just keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter