• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finding Cheap Flights???

Look at southwest out of Hartford, ct. It's by far cheaper then Albany, and " relatively " close.

It searches most airlines (not Southwest iirc) and you can give it a range of dates and how long you will be gone for (7 nights, for instance) and it will show you when the best dates to fly are and which airlines would be the cheapest in and out.

cool! definitely going to check that out!

Look at southwest out of Hartford, ct. It's by far cheaper then Albany, and " relatively " close.

Thanks - Just checked - its definitely better at $920 bucks for the four of us round trip - but we lose most of the day of check-in and have to fly out at 10Am the day of check out :(

Can you be flexible in your travel dates/times, or take a layover?

I had a similar dilemma (flying out of Hartford, CT...since it was mentioned), and ended up flying on a Thursday night instead of a Friday morning and it was much cheaper, even adding an extra night at the hotel!!

We always take the 7am flight out of CT, that gets us to the hotel by 11am for an early lunch, then off to the park for the rest of the day. Unfortunately the return flights are such that you always "lose" the day ( Sundays for us).

Did you look into alligiant out of Plattsburgh?

Can you be flexible in your travel dates/times, or take a layover?

I had a similar dilemma (flying out of Hartford, CT...since it was mentioned), and ended up flying on a Thursday night instead of a Friday morning and it was much cheaper, even adding an extra night at the hotel!!

Our check in is Saturday so if I fly out on Thursday it is two nights in a different hotel... :(

I will look though it still might be better and we can explore a bit - although then I would want to add in a rental car - :( UGH

Did you look into alligiant out of Plattsburgh?

I did - out of Plattsburgh and Portsmouth NH - and I got a great deal - but then I had to add a hotel friday and sunday and even then it was still comparable - but when I went back to check there were no flights left - I think that I am going to keep checking them and see if something comes up last minute :)

We always take the 7am flight out of CT, that gets us to the hotel by 11am for an early lunch, then off to the park for the rest of the day. Unfortunately the return flights are such that you always "lose" the day ( Sundays for us).

I didn't see a 7AM but I will check again - I don't mind losing the check out day - as long as I don't lose both check in and check out - it is still better than nothing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter