• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finding a Room Question

Tigman

Earning My Ears
My family and friends are planning on an August 2011 Cruise and we will need 3 rooms.

When I look at www.disneycruise.com at the Deluxe Veranda and Deluxe Family Veranda there are not that many rooms left and none that appear to have 3 in a row or even connecting at this point. I guess I needed to start planning earlier but last time I booked a cruise we did it in January and got 3 in a row so I didn't think it would be a problem. Of course we are talking about the new ship (Dream) so I guess everyone is excited to try the new ship out and that's why it's packed.

Anyways, my question is, are those really all the rooms taht are left that are showing up on the Disney site or are their blocks reserved by/for travel agents that only they can get and we might still have a shot at getting 3 in a row?

anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in adavnce for reading/responding to my question.

Tig

It's very possible the cabins are sold out since reservations have been open for nearly a year now and it's a new ship. You can always call DCL to see if there are 3 cabins that are next to each other or near each other. They usually only show 8 cabins at a time on their website.

My family and friends are planning on an August 2011 Cruise and we will need 3 rooms.

When I look at www.disneycruise.com at the Deluxe Veranda and Deluxe Family Veranda there are not that many rooms left and none that appear to have 3 in a row or even connecting at this point. I guess I needed to start planning earlier but last time I booked a cruise we did it in January and got 3 in a row so I didn't think it would be a problem. Of course we are talking about the new ship (Dream) so I guess everyone is excited to try the new ship out and that's why it's packed.

Anyways, my question is, are those really all the rooms taht are left that are showing up on the Disney site or are their blocks reserved by/for travel agents that only they can get and we might still have a shot at getting 3 in a row?

anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in adavnce for reading/responding to my question.

Tig

The site only shows a random 8 cabins that are available. Use the shipboard map to determine if the two cabins on either side of one listed are free by trying to book that room specifically (the link is in the same area where the rooms are listed, it's the option of Other I think...) and you can hand enter the room number, if it's booked the system will tell you that the room isn't available.

Many people book and I wish there were figures that showed how many of those reservations actually carry through to the end, but I've been told many times by Disney reps that you should check back at the 75 day mark...(unless it's different for the Dream, all cruises have to be paid in full by this mark or they lose their deposit)...more rooms open up at that time and they have the flexibility to move rooms around at that point...

You could go ahead and book your rooms, linking them by reservation then at the 75 day mark call back and try to either upgrade one or the others or ask that they be put together...no guarantees but worth a shot.

Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter