Financing DVC through Disney

I wasn't pointing at anybody. Funny thing is, I never even read the thread. I simply reserved my comments until it got to be 4 pages long. I knew by the time it got to 25-30 posts, it would have all come out. It always does.

What you call funny I call trolling. If you're not informed about the debate, how can you argue a position? Nobody actually did any of the things you accused them of doing on this thread. Had you taken the time to read it, you would have known that.

Thanks for your comments. It's obvious that I am very rigid in my thinking on this and I'm trying to see other perspectives. Your car point is a good one as it illustrates differing priorities, but I don't think that's the issue I'm having. My issue would be if you paid $20,000 for the same car you could get for $10,000 somewhere else. That's where the sticking point is for me. I think it's more of a "direct vs. resale" issue and less of a "DVC or not" issue.

I try to be respectful in my dissent and withhold making value judgments, and I apologize if I'm not always successful. I would hope that people at least isolate my comments to the discussion at hand and not apply them to their personal situations, as every situation is different. I suppose I should be more clear in stating that my position applies to buying direct in today's environment. And obviously each person's situation is different, so my theoretical discussion may not always apply. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to help me see another point of view. :)

I too appreciate everyone's point of view and it is definitely important for those considering to go in with eyes wide open and pointing out the pitfalls. And, you are right, we need two sides of the coin because DVC is just too expensive, IMO, for anyone not to have looked at it all. And, I too have a really hard time recommending direct to anyone given the ease and price difference of resale.

Thanks for sharing this point of view, it is helpful. I get that you're not comfortable writing a check for $18,000. Are you comfortable writing them a bunch of little checks that add up to three times that amount?

more comfortable :thumbsup2 on my time table - not theirs :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter