• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finally! The Hall of Fame for Ron Santo!

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
It's biter sweet. I wish that he had made it in while he was alive.

We're flying our W flag in his honor!

I know his son has said that Ron would have rather be elected posthumously than never at all --- but to me it is just too late. It just makes me sad.

You bet there is Heel Clicking in Heaven today!!

Joy is part of the Santo legacy as it was part of Mr. Ron Santo's life!! :cool1:

A very happy day, and also a bittersweet day. I wish Ronnie would have been around to thoroughly enjoy this. But I know that he has a big smile on his face up in heaven, to go with the smiles of all Chicago Cubs fans today.

ronsanto2-1.jpg

Really, now? It would have meant the world to Ron while he was alive. He earned it by his playing, and he was an awesome ambassador for baseball. This feels like a slap-in-the-face to me. I'm happy though that his family is pleased, I hope it gives them some measure of joy, especially at this time of year.

The UPS man just brought a package to my door. He asked me if the Cubs were playing today. I said, no that the flag was in honor on Ron getting into the Hall of Fame. He said that although he's a Sox fan, he liked the idea of flying the flag in Ron's honor. ;)

The UPS man just brought a package to my door. He asked me if the Cubs were playing today. I said, no that the flag was in honor on Ron getting into the Hall of Fame. He said that although he's a Sox fan, he liked the idea of flying the flag in Ron's honor. ;)

Great minds, lol...I put ours out as well!:thumbsup2 I agree with everyone else tho, bitter-sweet and flat out magnifies the absurdity of him not getting approval earlier, it is not as if his qualifications changed from last year to this year. Ron was a bigger hearted person than I , thankfully ;) and his long over-due honor is finally ~ truly his. I just wish he could have had memories of Cooperstown up in Heaven with him.

Yes too bad....should have happened when he was alive. I think it was the one thing that broke his heart not getting it.

Great photo Aloha - thank you for sharing -

On WGN today the Gary Meier show they were talking about how this just shows how whacked the "old timer committe" is - if Ron made it now, he deserved it before....

well you are talking Cub Fans - but Ronnie was so much more, he was a true Cub fan for sure, but his numbers alone - and what he faced as a player, and what a true Role Model...

at least the world is still remembering, and still talking about Ron Santo! God Bless him and his family! Listening to the game just isnt the same without him

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter