Finally rode Toy Story Mania...

celt33

Earning My Ears
Seriously ..that's it? People trip over themselves getting a spot in line for it?I just don't "get it"

Seriously ..that's it? People trip over themselves getting a spot in line for it?I just don't "get it"

That's it. :thumbsup2

Lines are long for various reasons, not just popularity. Ride capacity (low), quantity of eligible guests (high), and lack of other attractions at DHS play a large role as well.

I just went on it for the first time a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! I think it's my new favorite :)

My whole family LOVES it - we could ride repetitively for hours! Make us laugh and enjoy a little friendly competition. Always puts me in my happy place.

I really like this ride but I would never wait more than 30 minutes for it. It's not worth it in my opinion.

It's definitely a fun ride but not the best ride ever. I'd never wait longer than 30 minutes for it. Unfortunately, it's in a park with limited ride options which makes the demand for it insane. If this ride was in MK, there wouldn't be the TSMM mad dash at rope drop IMO.

Good....more people that won't be in front of me! :thumbsup2 I think it's fun but it's not the end of the world if I don't ride it...but then again I don't wait longer than 30 minutes for ANYTHING and honestly it's rare that I would even wait 30.

I experienced this attraction for the first time last December. All these people were doing the whole "meeting my party" cutting in line thing even though numerous CMs at the fast pass dispensers were yelling "Parties need to enter the line together" and every other way you can think to get that point across.

It was interesting how I wasn't the only one annoyed.The group behind me were also talking about how obnoxious that behavior was. They evidently knew some people in front of us who kept telling them to come up and join them because "everyone else is doing it". The people behind me had some manners and said "No, that would make us as bad as them. Wait for us instead".

I thought it must be the most amazing thing to have so many people being so rude and cutting in line. But afterwards I was kind of "meh". I will do it again, but only with a fast pass.

It seems like a cross between a dark ride and a shooting arcade. I think that the concept would work better if they'd make the ride a duplicate of IASW, but with laser rifles that knocked down the dancing/singing dolls. Particularly if the music would stop in a room if you knocked down all the animatronic figures. Now THAT, I would stand in line to ride.

That's how I felt when I rode it, but I thought my perception was colored by the long wait. It was the only thing we waited more than 15 minutes for and we only waited because we were told it was so amazing. Missed FP, line said 60 minutes, CM said it would be less, took over an hour and a half - ugh. We were mystified by the popularity when we left. We are doing it again this coming trip, but only because of FP+, figured we would give it another try and see if we enjoyed it sans wait.

I experienced this attraction for the first time last December. All these people were doing the whole "meeting my party" cutting in line thing even though numerous CMs at the fast pass dispensers were yelling "Parties need to enter the line together" and every other way you can think to get that point across.

It was interesting how I wasn't the only one annoyed.The group behind me were also talking about how obnoxious that behavior was. They evidently knew some people in front of us who kept telling them to come up and join them because "everyone else is doing it". The people behind me had some manners and said "No, that would make us as bad as them. Wait for us instead".

I thought it must be the most amazing thing to have so many people being so rude and cutting in line. But afterwards I was kind of "meh". I will do it again, but only with a fast pass.

Seriously? That many people were going through? I *might* let one person through, maybe two if the second was a young kid and I thought maybe they were using the bathroom, but other than that I would raise a stink and tell them to go get a CM if they wanted to get past me. Then again I'm really mean.

It seems like a cross between a dark ride and a shooting arcade. I think that the concept would work better if they'd make the ride a duplicate of IASW, but with laser rifles that knocked down the dancing/singing dolls. Particularly if the music would stop in a room if you knocked down all the animatronic figures. Now THAT, I would stand in line to ride.

:lmao: Sounds awesome, you should be an imagineer!

We think that it's OK but also marvel at the popularity. But to each their own!

It's a good ride but it's ridiculous how long the waits are for this ride.As someone else mentioned,it's not that it's that amazing,it's just that DHS seriously lacks rides and attractions,especially those that can be ridden by everyone.I just ran the ToT 10 mile race and DHS had an after hours villains bash from 10pm-4am.I rode ToT and RnRc after doing the race with 10 minute waits,TSMM was at 45 minutes and that was at 2-2:30am,I skipped it and went to my hotel to sleep.I'm convinced the only time I'll be able to ride TSMM is when I'm able to schedule FP+ as I'm never at DHS early to get regular FP's for it.DHS needs like 2-3 major attractions that are somewhat thrilling but able to be ridden by everyone in the family.

I have never experienced TSMM because of the always long wait time. This year it's one of my FP+ choices. I an soo curious to see what the big deal is about this ride. Also my sons are big fans of Toy story.

yeheyprincex2 said:
I have never experienced TSMM because of the always long wait time. This year it's one of my FP+ choices. I an soo curious to see what the big deal is about this ride. Also my sons are big fans of Toy story.

Ditto! We will finally get to try it next Saturday evening with FP+. No ride is worth waiting that long for, IMO.

We've done it once in who knows how many visits. I think it's great and lots of fun - but even getting a FP is a PITA. Perhaps now with FP+ we would consider using one for that because I don't care for the opening time stampede even for a FP. I certainly have no plans to attempt rushing for it on our next trip the week of Independence Day. It will be FP+ or we will pass

Only been on the DL version but I understand it's the same, aside from being standby only. It was fun but not worth rope drop for. Hurray for FP+.

I'm the same way. In January we got fast passes and rode it with minimal wait and my whole family was meh...I'll continue to get a fast pass and ride it once on our trips, but we will be too busy riding Star Tours over and over and over and over. That is my DS (8) favorite ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter