Finally returning!

Sherpa

Earning My Ears
It has been a number of years since my family and I last visited WDW. It has always been a dream to stay at Fort Wilderness and in a very short time we will be there.
We actually have tickets with no expiry date, which still have some unused days. Is there a guest relations desk within the Fort where we can have these updated?

Thanks!!

There is a desk at the front (Outpost) and by the Trail's End Restaurant by the Marina.

Welcome back! Don't forget to order your Magic Band- I didn't ahead of time back in November and ended up with a grey one! Oh and check and see if they will link your unused days to your new band when you go to Guest Relations. I am gonna try this myself in April!

Thanks Mmketeer!

I had to do a little searching to find out what "Magic Band" was. I take it you are given one when you buy tickets/pass for the parks? If so, I would imagine that we'll have to wait until we get to WDW and show our "antique paper tickets":eek: and exchange them for the current ones.

Hoping to do the exchange, the day we arrive as we plan on a full day at the park the next day.

Open to any suggestions!

Actually you get a Magic Band when you stay on property, with or without a ticket. But you should be able to link your old non expiring ticket to your reservation and use the MB to get into the park. The question is whether you will be able to link it before you get there or not. I Had a NE ticket from 2012, and had no problem linking it to my 2013 reservation. I was able to link it by typing in the number on the ticket on My Disney Experience.

I was then able to personalize our MB and book fast pass +

You can always call and ask about linking your ticket and find out.

Thanks Mmketeer!

I had to do a little searching to find out what "Magic Band" was. I take it you are given one when you buy tickets/pass for the parks? If so, I would imagine that we'll have to wait until we get to WDW and show our "antique paper tickets":eek: and exchange them for the current ones.

Hoping to do the exchange, the day we arrive as we plan on a full day at the park the next day.

Open to any suggestions!

Sorry, I guess I should have given you more info, but this is a new process that I am sure everyone is trying to figure out. But, NO you do not have to have theme park passes to get the magic band! But, you must be staying at the Disney Resorts (I hear Swan and Dolphin folks will get them too though later this year).

Go here to My Disney Experience...https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p... disney experience|47497268248|e|15402cl14044

The only thing really as a non-ticket holder that you can't unlock is the FastPass Selections on the My Disney Experience page. But, I am no expert. I am just trying to figure it all out as I go along. Which is why I am experimenting with different things. I have so far stayed at the Fort without tickets (back in Nov. 2013, which is when I got my grey magic band). I have also bought theme park tickets and used the actual tickets themselves (instead of the magic band in Jan. 2014). And Next up, I will try to use the my old magic band without the actual ticket at the parks without having a resort stay in April. Lastly in May I'll add in a Fort stay and entrance in too the parks using my magic band.

Good gracious, by my last Fort stay in November I should be an expert at this new My Disney Experience thing! LOL!

Thank you again for all the info!!! You know I borrowed some up to date guide books at the library yesterday and I can honestly say that I have picked up more information from the "real experts" on this board!!

I figure the best idea is to get those tickets updated as soon as we arrive and then we'll be able to enter any fast track times--will only be the day before--but do you think it wouldn't hurt to try?

As I mentioned, it's been a long time since we last visited. I understand the crowds can be huge. Hopefully we've picked a bit of a quieter time. Will be there early next week.

After quickly reading the books, it was kind of nice to see that many of the attractions haven't changed. I see Imagination is still at Epcot. It was my son's fav when he was quite young and he's now 30! He still has his Figment stuffed "creature"! (he would be so embarrassed if he knew I was telling this!)

Thanks again for the suggestions--they're greatly appreciated!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter