Finally got the 5x offer from Disney Visa!

cjnix29

DIS Veteran
Ok, Not as exciting as some's offer, but I have to spend ove $1000. I know there is a trick to this, can anyone share? I notice airline tickets are on here too. Do you have to purchase directly from the airline, or can you use travel sites? What's the trick with the gas and groceries? How do you get it to code correctly?

From what I can tell in the fine print, it is up to the retail establishment to classify their merchant location properly. My offer is for dining, groceries, gas, and airlines. It says it is NOT eligible at discount stores, specialty stores, superstores, and warehouse clubs. You just have to hope that the place you use the card, bills Visa in the correct manor to get it to qualify.

My offer also says "For every eligible dollar you spend above $250 each month in any single category or combination"

I just got it again as well and we had it for Apr-June. Most of where we shop is classified as other. This offer is over $750.00. We did get some bonus rewards last month with the Disney vacation and airline tickets paid.

I just got it again as well and we had it for Apr-June. Most of where we shop is classified as other. This offer is over $750.00. We did get some bonus rewards last month with the Disney vacation and airline tickets paid.
How are you getting this? do they send a postcard in the mail? really wish we could get this we are using our disney visa for everything right now...

I am about to put $6000 on it for my son's college tuition (trust me I intend to pay it off immediately) do you think this will get me any bonus rewards?

Dh just got a postcard, and he hardly even uses his card. Do you get credit for you disney vacation that you booked and paid directly to disney? I just paid the deposit on sept. trip, so if we will get credit for our actual vacation I'll pay with Dh's card.

How are you getting this? do they send a postcard in the mail? really wish we could get this we are using our disney visa for everything right now...

We get postcards in the mail with a big 5X on it

I think the fact that you are using your Disney Visa for everything right now might be the reason you aren't getting the offer - Disney Visa is already getting your business. The reason I say this is because we used to use our Disney Visa alot and never got the 5X offer. Well, in late 2007 we started using a different rewards card (UPromise) so we stopped using the Disney Visa.

Lo and behold, I received my first 5X offer that covered Jan08-Mar08 and the spending requirement was only $100. We took advantage of the offer and used the DV for the categories listed (groceries, gas, drugstores and dining).

Then I got two more offers:

Covered Apr08-Jun08 but the spending limit increased to $250 and the categories changed (if I remember correctly they replaced "drugstores" with "airlines").

Covered Jul08-Sep08 but the spending limit was $500.

It was great because we went to WDW in October 2008 and we racked up a nice amount of Disney Rewards. We used our Disney Visa for the trip and have used it for various charges since but stopped using it again in late May. I got my 5X bonus offer for Jul09-Sep09 this week and the spending limit is $500.

I use my disney visa for everything and I have never gotten a 5x reward card. My DH hardly uses his at all, and he has gotten 3 postcards since I he has had the card. I 'm still not sure if I going to credit for paying my vacation balance with his card as the 5x reward says groceries, gas, dinning and airlines. It looks like prevous poster have, so I guess I will be paying with DH's visa. It really does'nt matter whose card I use since we pay our credit card bills in full each month.

I use my disney visa for everything and I have never gotten a 5x reward card. My DH hardly uses his at all, and he has gotten 3 postcards since I he has had the card. I 'm still not sure if I going to credit for paying my vacation balance with his card as the 5x reward says groceries, gas, dinning and airlines. It looks like prevous poster have, so I guess I will be paying with DH's visa. It really does'nt matter whose card I use since we pay our credit card bills in full each month.

You won't get the 5X rewards dollars but you'll still earn the regular 1X rewards dollars.

Have a wonderful vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter