Finally got my own way - TR - 8.10.12

Tinkerbell1989

DIS Veteran
Introduction

Just incase you didn't catch my pre-trip report, I'll do a quick introduction.

The cast
10590_4261763219135_1428124515_n.jpg

Steffi and Tom - This is us at a friend’s wedding the week before we flew. We've been together nearly 5 years, and my love of Disney has rubbed off onto Tom a little bit. I'm obsessed! He isn't but he loves flying, backstage secrets and new technologies, so Disney is a fab place for us both!

If you want any more information, the PTR can be found http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2873264.

Monday 8th October

Tom and I had spent the weekend at his parents in Oxford, and so we left there just before 6am. Traffic was on our side and we got to Gatwick at about 7.30! We walked straight through bag drop (as we checked in online Sunday afternoon) and straight through security - the new layout in Gatwick is awesome! We were in duty-free by 7.45! I bought a couple of things in duty-free and before long we were getting a bit hungry, so we wandered to Frankie and Benny’s for breakfast.

561806_10152185052230251_207830036_n.jpg

559620_10152185052615251_1540148676_n.jpg

Tom had the ‘New English Breakfast’ and I had the ‘All Round Bagel’. It suitably filled us up. Whilst in F&B’s, we had a look at our boarding passes, before Tom noticed our seat numbers had changed. This meant one of two things – we had a refurbished plane, or we had an upgrade. Obviously one was more likely than the other. We were eventually called to gate 13 to find this beauty out the window...

404219_10152185053540251_699645211_n.jpg

My plane-savvy boyfriend was able to confirm, we had a refurbished plane! Up until we had our boarding cards, we were meant to be on an old-style plane, so Tom was super excited! We were called after PE, and went upstairs! That’s right; we were sat in the BUBBLE!! And not even just in the bubble – right at the front, just behind PE!

522955_10152185055015251_1057161554_n.jpg

We also got to experience the new touch screen entertainment system, extra leg room and special attention (simply because we were so close to PE!). The choice of films was incredible; I almost wished the flight was longer so I could watch more! I started off watching ‘The 5-Year Engagement’ with Virgin’s special cocktail :)

420832_10152185056575251_1625899940_n.jpg

Lunch was really nice too – I had chicken in a cheese and leek sauce and diced potatoes, followed by a Gu mango and passion fruit cheesecake. I also watched ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’ and ‘Madagascar 3’, as well as catching a couple of TV programmes, and playing a few games!

We landed about 10 minutes early, but stood in line at Immigration for 40 minutes :(. Just before we went away, Tesco had a deal on suitcases and Tom decided to replace his. Big mistake! So had everyone else on that flight!! And we were silly enough to not put any luggage tags and straps on to distinguish ours from the rest! Eventually, we found it (mine is a purple and pink spotty bag, and is so easy to find!), and made our way to the Sixt shuttle car.

420537_10152185057875251_1401346330_n.jpg

We were driven the short 5 minute drive to the Sixt garage, and were given a red Nissan Versa!! Tom was a bit wary of driving to begin with, but picked it up very quickly!
Soon, we had arrived home for the next 12 nights... Coronado Springs!
Ready for hundreds of pictures of the room and resort... Good!

178915_10152185058375251_1586545550_n.jpg

927_10152185059540251_1864197411_n.jpg

576376_10152185061355251_1552998136_n.jpg

318754_10152185062375251_2049776709_n.jpg

598918_10152185062745251_1023984305_n.jpg

The resort is so beautiful and really romantic. Especially at night with the lake and the string hammocks and the palm trees and the fairy lights!

396297_10152185063215251_1580317801_n.jpg

229876_10152185064535251_455229647_n.jpg

We popped down to Rix Cafe to get our refillable mugs, and tried to stay awake ... however, the massive bed looked so cosy, we lay down on it to watch TV, only to find ourselves watching 'Duffy's Bedtime Stories' and falling asleep! Oops!

Next - Magic Kingdom! pixiedust:

Oh wow the hotel looks lovely! Me and my partner are thinking of disney next yer and can't quite decide between port orleans riverside or colarado springs.
The plane ride looked like it was a lovely chilled out experience. Tv and cocktails! lush!
Excited to see more of your report!!

Gazzzwilliams said:
Oh wow the hotel looks lovely! Me and my partner are thinking of disney next yer and can't quite decide between port orleans riverside or colarado springs.
The plane ride looked like it was a lovely chilled out experience. Tv and cocktails! lush!
Excited to see more of your report!!

Tom and I had the same decision to make... CSR doesn't always impress everyone but we took a risk, and it definately paid off! However, if we ever stay onsite again, I think we would try somewhere else - nothing to do with CSR, but I want to experience other resorts and what they have to offer!
The plane journey aas very relaxing and chilled out! I almost didn't want to get off!

tinks_1989 said:
Glad you started Hun great first day x

Thankyou my love, I know you don't like journey days! Next day soon!

Xxx

Dying to hear all about CSR......Have heard so many okayish reports staying there next June and quite nervous! I do like the fairy lights though :lmao:

Loving the report so far cant wait to hear more!

bee86 said:
Dying to hear all about CSR......Have heard so many okayish reports staying there next June and quite nervous! I do like the fairy lights though :lmao:

Loving the report so far cant wait to hear more!

Aww thankyou! We were the same but the convention centre didn't cause us any problems. We were in Ranchos which was almost on the opposite side to El Centro but it onky took us about 15 minutes to take a slow walk over and only 5-10minutes stroll to the main pool. And we didn't use the buses often but when we did, we never waited longer than 10 minutes!

It's a beautiful resort... not cheesy or in-your-face, and for a couple looking for a "first-time" resort, it was perfect :)

Xx

Woohoo you finally started your TR I've been itching to read it! Haha

I'm so excited to start planning my own trip I can't wait to read about yours :)

Seems like you had a great travelling day and lucky you getting such a great location on a new plane :)

Looking forward to the rest xx

tinks_1989 said:
Ha ha! Yours wasn't too bad though plenty of Disney still in it!

Well if it gets your approval... ;-) hehe xx

newlittleminnie said:
Woohoo you finally started your TR I've been itching to read it! Haha

I'm so excited to start planning my own trip I can't wait to read about yours :)

Seems like you had a great travelling day and lucky you getting such a great location on a new plane :)

Looking forward to the rest xx

I have started! I just couldn't wait any longer haha!

We were so lucky with our journey out, it was the first lot of pixie dust! Xx

I just want to remind everyone that we will be doing some videos for this trip, but we just haven't had time to start even watching them, let alone editing them! And Tom has also volunteered to edit my friends wedding video footage... so who knows when we'll start the holiday videos?! I'll post a new link on here when we do, or on my Facebook (if you follow me there) and my Youtube channel is linked in my signature!!

Xx

If you get them started before new year you're doing better than me, I've been back over two month and still haven't started editing mine lol

Doesn't help that one of my discs has messed up n my laptop won't recognise that there's footage on it :(

izzie-wizzie said:
Great start - Coronado Springs looks lovely :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more!

princess_ariel_85 said:
Lovely start :) Coronado Springs looks & sounds nice x

Coronado Springs was so lovely and romantic :-) just what we wanted from a resort! Xx

I can never find your videos on YouTube on our tv or iPad :( fine on the computer though x

tinks_1989 said:
I can never find your videos on YouTube on our tv or iPad :( fine on the computer though x

For some reason, they only work on the computer and not portable devices. Not sure why though. Will try and sort that for our new videos.

Chilly said:
good start, i'd def stay at CSR on a future trip

Tha kyou Claire!

A great start to your trip, a real nice bonus with the new plane. :goodvibes

I found that beginning, great to see some pictures of CSR and to hear you enjoyed it there.We're staying there in may and I've read so many different reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter