Finally going to Disneyland!

alasknmom

Earning My Ears
Well we're finally going to Disneyland. My 9, almost 10 year old is so excited!!!

Anyone know the height requirements for the rollercoasters and stuff like that?? My son is almost 60".

What do you guys suggest we see/do while we're in CA? We will be there 8 days. 5 days are Disney passes to the 2 parks. I do not like that I cant park hop on them :( I think that stinks.

Can you guys suggest some stores to shop (Oh and we wont have a rent a car, whats the best way to get around??).
We have NO summer clothes (now mind you, I live in Alaska, so if it is in the 50's, it is summer) and of course coming from a small town I want to shop :D
Also can you suggest some places to eat within reason around Disneyland (I know inside Disney is quite expensive Im told).

Thanks so much!
~Rachel in Alaska

[This message was edited by alasknmom on 02-22-01 at 06:41 PM.]

Your son will be able to go on every ride in both Disneyland and DCA. :)

logo.gif

Woo hoo! Im so glad he can go on all of the rides. Id be mad if he was close, but I wouldnt want him to fall out of a ride or something *chuckle* :D

Janelady thanks so much! Checking my email now. I didnt have this board link @ home so I couldnt check replies.

Im replying via my work mail :)

Rachel in Alaska<

just wanted to say hi to a fellow alaskan. i live in fairbanks. you are the first alaskan that i have noticed in my few months of browsing on this site. we are going to disneyland in march how about you?-Dawn

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#6600CC>You're going to have a blast at Disneyland!! Anaheim has a trolley that goes to stops near the hotels by Disneyland, but I don't know what all the stops are. You could probably ask at the hotel. Near Disneyland, on Harbor Blvd, & within walking distance, are McDonalds, Denny's, Millie's Cafe, Tony Roma (ribs), and Acapulco Restaurant (Mex. food).

In Los Angeles/Orange County, you pretty much need to rent a car to get around. We're pretty spread out over here. There is another amusement park near Disneyland - Knotts Berry Farm - that the hotel may have a shuttle to, but if you'd like to hit any of the beaches, museums, and other sites, it's so much better to have your own transportation.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter