finally going fri.! rain every day?

kikiV

Mouseketeer
any words of encouragement or weather experts out there. The 10 day orlando forecast has rain every day. Will that really happen?:

any words of encouragement or weather experts out there. The 10 day orlando forecast has rain every day. Will that really happen?:

I've been watching the weather too....We arrive on Saturday

I think it is too early to worry.. Weather in Florida can change by the time we arrive.

But just in case.. I am buying ponchos!

Where are you checking for weather? I keep checking accuweather and they forcast rain on Sunday, and Friday but nothing other than that. I'm more concerned with the temps in the low 60's.
Anyone have a more reliable Florida weather forcaster?

I've been checking My Fox Orlando and it's slightly better (leaving Friday as well). I decided I am going to believe the Orlando one because that one only has a 20% chance of rain (it's only up to Sunday) daily.

See you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

(I'll be the one wearing Mickey ears :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: )

We are arriving there on Saturday as well, and I keep checking accuweather as well. I'm not too thrilled that it's going to be warmer here (in the DC area) these next 2 days than it will be for most of our week in Florida! The temps don't sound horrible, but it's hard to pack light if you need jeans and sweatshirts for every single day!

I keep hoping it will miraculously change, and before we leave all the temps will be in the 70-80's, and sunny every day! :)

We are leaving Saturday. I keep checking the weather for temps only. Out of ten trips, I don't think I have ever experienced an entire day of rain--just on and off. Even if it does rain all day, it doesn't bother us too much. Shorter lines:thumbsup2 I'm more disappointed with the temps. Our last trip was in July and we were spoiled by the high temps/humidity. Call me weird but I loved that!!

Orlando always rpts rain even if its remotly in the area! Dont worry after all you will BE in The Disney!!!! Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wizard:

Where are you checking for weather? I keep checking accuweather and they forcast rain on Sunday, and Friday but nothing other than that. I'm more concerned with the temps in the low 60's.
Anyone have a more reliable Florida weather forcaster?

The weather channel desktop is where I am seeing all rain. Everytime we've been to DW in Jan. it's always been cold but never once has it rained. I can't imagine being wet and cold temps. The weather in New England is dark,gloomy and wet so we were hoping to absorb some rays of sun.

I just checked weather.com and the forecast there has every day except one as less than a 40% chance of rain. The one day has 60% chance. Les than 40% is not an all day rain. And you don't know when that rain (if it comes) will happen. It could be an early morning rain that stops in mid-morning. Worrying about the weather in Florida is like worrying about being a day older tomorrow. It's going to happen not matter what you do.

I've had those nasty thunderstorms during my summer visits...believe me, the showers you get the rest of the year are much better to deal with.
In Jan, I would imagine that it wouldn't be a constant downpour, more like a light drizzle. Just be sure to have some ponchos in your bag when you leave your resort each day. Then, if it rains, you'll be fine.

Rain was predicted almost every day for our October 2007 trip. And I must confess, we did get rained on two of the days, but just a little bit.

I WANT THE COOL AND CLOUDS!! :cool1: :cool1:

I'm sure there are around 40,000 others praying for the same!! Saturday is my first ever Half Marathon - and I do not know what to expect, esp training here in Chicago, where it was below zero!! Sunday is the Full marathon -

so like others stated, there is always a chance of rain, I'm packing ponchos, and garbage bag (the redneck version of a poncho, so while I'm running, I can toss it!!)

I'm sure the sun will shine! Even if its all of us realizing WE'RE IN DISNEY - and the sunshine in our faces will make it happen!!

oops

double post,

guess I really want cool cloudy weather!!

10 day forecast can be accurate for 3 days in regards to percipitation. Temperature readins tend to be accurate.

beyond 3 days, there is no clear cut weather pattern off the gulf. so they put showers up to cover their rears.

I'm sure there are around 40,000 others praying for the same!! Saturday is my first ever Half Marathon - and I do not know what to expect, esp training here in Chicago, where it was below zero!! Sunday is the Full marathon -

so like others stated, there is always a chance of rain, I'm packing ponchos, and garbage bag (the redneck version of a poncho, so while I'm running, I can toss it!!)

I'm sure the sun will shine! Even if its all of us realizing WE'RE IN DISNEY - and the sunshine in our faces will make it happen!!

I'm hoping you runners get the coolish weather, with clouds but I'm really hoping that Sunday the sun comes out and it warms up just a bit. My dd is going with me...her first ever trip to WDW...and wants to sit poolside and soak up some rays with a cool adult beverage in hand. I just know she is going to blame me if it's not warm enough :confused3

We leave at the end of the month, and while I don't want rain, I don't want really warm weather either. It's humid enough in Fla, even during winter, that any warm temps make it miserable for me and hubby.

Have many of you, who are worried about the weather reports, not been to Florida? If not, just an fyi, there's always chances of rain in Florida. On most days when it does rain it's a quick afternoon 15min shower.

As another poster said, you'll be at WDW. Enjoy yourselves and don't worry about the forecasts.

On a good note, the forecast for showers has turned now to scattered t-storms, few showers, and partly or mostly cloudy. The "showers" forecast has been changed since early this morning.

Temps, heck if it's above 60 it'll be nice. It is warm here in MA 50s today but it will get colder. Next week will be slightly chilly, in the 30s, but nothing too cold. Still Orlando will be warmer :)

I'm a local. Check out www.wesh.com or www.wftv.com for the local weather. They're both based right there in Orlando. Weather reports change day to day..........sometimes it feels like minute to minute. We were wearing shorts on New Year's Day and then the next day had snow flurries!! (We're on the East Coast.) Go figure..............:confused3 :confused3 :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter