Finally going back to WDW

Little Flower

DIS Veteran
I'm so excited :cool1: we're finally booked to go back to WDW for August 2012! We've not been able to afford to go since 2008 so this trip has been a long time in the making.

We've booked 14 days at Animal Kingdom Lodge:cool1::cool1:

Does that mean we will be seeing you around these parts a bit more of the coming months :goodvibes

Happy planning

Yay, I'm super excited for you. Booking a trip is such a great feeling and the Animal Kingdom Lodge is so beautiful! My sister and I are going end of August 2012 but we will probably do Yacht Club, plans are in the early stages at the moment.

We're flying out of Gatwick on August 31st. I can't wait - we have stayed at AKL twice before and i adore the resort. I could not imagine staying anywhere else when we visit. Just the smell of the resort (which is weird as i cant really tell you what it actually is lol) and the sounds of african music when you get to the main entrance are enough to reduce me to tears - sad huh????

I am a little jealous of the yacht club though - so beautiful, i almost booked one week there and one at AKL but the price kinda knocked it out for us

Ooh, Happy Planning! I've always wanted to stay at AKL, can't wait to hear about it!

We're flying out of Gatwick on August 31st. I can't wait - we have stayed at AKL twice before and i adore the resort. I could not imagine staying anywhere else when we visit. Just the smell of the resort (which is weird as i cant really tell you what it actually is lol) and the sounds of african music when you get to the main entrance are enough to reduce me to tears - sad huh????

I am a little jealous of the yacht club though - so beautiful, i almost booked one week there and one at AKL but the price kinda knocked it out for us

Oh we will be there at the same time then! I will be in the US from May time ish with my work but then my sister is flying out to meet me in NYC and then we fly to Florida. I obviously enjoy a complicated life! Just need to finalise dates, should be done by the end of this month *fingers crossed* because I want to book before 15th November and take advantage of all the deals.

My sister really loves AKL, we always do an evening meal there but I just can't get away from the accessibility of the Epcot resorts. I love being able to walk to Epcot and spend time on the Boardwalk area. I'd like to try the Boardwalk hotel but that's even more pricey!

We've stayed at the Beach Club before but the Yacht Club to me is quieter and more laid back, I really like children and I teach children as young as 5 but I don't have any of my own and I feel YC is slightly less aimed at families. Which suits us better. Looking at the prices YC is about £40 more expensive than BC for my proposed dates and I like the full balconies at YC so it's pretty much decided.

Let us know how you get on with all your future planning, would love to hear what you're going to get up to!

We managed to get a really great deal from Thomas Cook so we booked back in August! talk about being over prepared :lmao:

We have AKL and ultimate tickets/free dining plan booked but i still need to book Discovery cove (we've never been and are super excited) and universal.

I've also got to figure out dining reservations as there are so many restaurants we want to go back to again and so many new ones we want to try. add to that the fact that we love off site as much as on so we have those restaurants to factor in. We're gonna have to figure out how to whittle them down :thumbsup2

I've always loved the look of the beach and the yacht club and i really want to stay there. the problem is, i love AKL and i'm scared that i'll be dissappointed if we dont stay there:lmao: daft eh????

What are you planning????

No that doesn't sound daft at all, my reasons for always staying in Epcot area resorts are because I worry I'd miss it if I was elsewhere!

Discovery Cove is awesome, we did it in 2008. Loved the snorkelling, the birds and the stingrays and the dolphin swim was magical. I still have the dvd we bought of our swim but I haven't watched it in ages. You will love it! I had bad sunburn and the birds landing on me was painful but other than that slight error on my part it was absolutely fantastic.

We're going for the 14 day ultimate tickets too, can't beat being able to go between the parks all day. We are also going to do Universal because my sister has never been, she's looking forward to the WWOHP and I'm looking forward to seeing her face when we get there. The Forbidden Journey ride was the best I've ever been on.

Other than that might do Seaworld, I'm looking into the Beluga whale meeting as a surprise for my sister but not sure yet. It'd be like $300 for the 2 of us which is a hefty price! Plus you have to then pay admission, which is when the keeper for a day programme looks much more appealing!

No that doesn't sound daft at all, my reasons for always staying in Epcot area resorts are because I worry I'd miss it if I was elsewhere!

Discovery Cove is awesome, we did it in 2008. Loved the snorkelling, the birds and the stingrays and the dolphin swim was magical. I still have the dvd we bought of our swim but I haven't watched it in ages. You will love it! I had bad sunburn and the birds landing on me was painful but other than that slight error on my part it was absolutely fantastic.

We're going for the 14 day ultimate tickets too, can't beat being able to go between the parks all day. We are also going to do Universal because my sister has never been, she's looking forward to the WWOHP and I'm looking forward to seeing her face when we get there. The Forbidden Journey ride was the best I've ever been on.

Other than that might do Seaworld, I'm looking into the Beluga whale meeting as a surprise for my sister but not sure yet. It'd be like $300 for the 2 of us which is a hefty price!

I'm so looking forward to Discovery cove. i fell in love with the dolphins at seaworld in 2006 on our first trip so i can not wait for the dolphin swim!!!
we saw a family doing the beluga whale experience last time we were in Florida and it looked phenomenal. well worth the price i think.

We didn't manage to do any universal last time and really regretted it so we are planning on spending as much time there as possible. IS WWOHP as good as it looks? the last trip we had was 2008 so it was still unfinished.

although i was gutted that its taken 4 years to get back to WDW (i'm a mature student so no wages!!) i'm extra excited now as it looks like there are alot of changes, some new parades etc. ooh i can't wait:cool1::banana::yay::love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter