FINALLY...getting ready for tomorrows big "reveal"

**Clare**

Mouseketeer
Morning everyone

Just had to post (I don't do it very often, lol) as I am so excited that it is almost time to tell our kids that we are going in a couple of weeks!

I booked it in January and have been bursting to tell them ever since, I'm amazed I haven't!

I'm a bit nervous as well as last week ds4 announced that he'd love to go back to........Center Parcs, aaaaagh! He has decided this is now the best place in the world! I have been (gently!) reminding him that CPs doesn't have It's a Small World ride (his fave), bunk beds (we are staying at Cheyenne), don't get to go on an airplane etc etc but he doesn't seem convinced.

Dd2 on the other hand says "go Disney Mama" at least twice a day so we'll be sure of a good reaction from her!

I plan to buy Mickey and Minnie helium balloons this afternoon while they are at nursery and wrap them in a big box with some things that the amazing people on the creative dis board have made for me - an invitation letter, pretend airline tickets, luggage labels, countdown chains etc.

I'm going to sneak out tomorrow morning and put the boxes at the front door and ask my neighbour to ring the door bell when she is leaving for work so we can all find the surprise delivery together.

Wish me luck, I am praying I don't hear Center Parcs mentioned, lol!!! (btw, I do like CPs, just nowhere near as much as Disney!)

Thats a great idea :thumbsup2
Make sure to film the reactions and best of luck with your big reveal!!!

CP got nothing on DLP!!!

Aww that sounds lovely :cutie: I can't wait to hear how it went.

You have been so good in not spilling the beans, I have decided not to tell dd and ds about our october trip i really don't know how i'm doing it :rotfl2:

Hurray! The surprise went really well! The kids were very excited to find two big boxes in shiny paper on our doorstep, and even more excited with they seen the package label with DLP logo, Mickey pics and their names on.

They couldn't get them open quick enough but when they did, their balloons came floating out and they went crazy, they thought the balloons were the surprise! When DH read the letter attached it took a minute to sink in and then they went ballistic! An hour later they are still talking at the top of their voices, running around and are generally very very hyper!

And no mention of Center Parcs...yay! Now I don't have to be a closet planner!

Just need my shareholders card to arrive now!

Awww that sounds lovely, wish I had kids, I would love to surprise them like that. Glad it went accordingly.
Did you take any photos or record their reaction? :goodvibes

What a lovely way to surprise your kids! I'm so glad for you that they we're as happy as you hoped for. :flower3:

Wow what a lovely surprise I wish Id thought of this...

Ill remember for next year! As were getting the annual passes Im tempted to secretly save up for a Nov trip for OH & sons Bday (same day). As my OH is such a baby too Id have to get him a box too! My DDs Bday is in Dec so again that would be 3!

Hmmm

What a lovely idea and a great response. Now you can enjoy getting them involved in the planning:goodvibes

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad it was a success. It was worth all the planning! I love doing stuff like that, might be a bit ott for some but any opportunity to make a big deal of something, I'll take it, lol! Think my kids are getting used to it now!

Tinkerbell - I did record and snap away too, it'll be the start of the holiday DVD/photo scrapbook.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Brilliant!!! :cool1: I'm glad to hear it went so well, I'm planning something similar for telling my DD, I also booked in January and cannot believe that I've kept it to myself this long!! :rotfl: We go on June 6th so just after you.

Enjoy your planning - all part of the holiday fun!!! :goodvibes

How lovely :goodvibes, glad it went well and that there was no mention of C***** P****!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter