FINALLY COMPLETE! 10/3/2010- But Why is the Rum Gone? Disneyween 2007

Oh I'm so sorry the BCVs are booked. Bummer. :sad1: I think we mave have gotten lucky with getting our 1BR there for the same dates as you. :confused3

A few updates from Casa Crystal!

I just checked our trip countdown, and we're down to 134 days!!! I knew it was somewhere under 140 now, but I didn't expect it to be quite that low- woohoo! Just think- in just over a month, we'll be below 100! CRAZY!

I was reading Jenny's "Ready or Not, Here We Camp!" trip report, saw her awesome mini Captain Jack mascot, and decided that with this being a pirate-themed trip, we must have one!

A quick trip to eBay later...

jackcards.jpg

(also pictured: the awesome business cards I described earlier in the report!)

I also finally recieved my other eBay purchases- the iZone camera and film!!!
(WHAT is up with companies capitalizing the 2nd letter of everything these days? eBay, iZone, iPod... ENOUGH ALREADY!)

izone.jpg

I ended up spending an embarassing amount of money on all this, but at least I can rest assured that any film we don't use can later be sold on eBay for a small fortune! (Speaking of which-I finally realized that I could use the powers of eBay for good instead of evil! Apparently, instead of just handing them all my money, I can SELL things and GET money! Who knew? ;) I am hoping to make approximately one million dollars on there before October, but I'll settle for enough to cover some Food & Wine fest dining/drinking! ;) )

In other income news- I *finally* got the $50 Cingular rebate on my new phone that I bought back in frickin' January (If you read my last trip report, you may recall that when I came home from WDW, my phone did not!), and was just about to toss it in my Disney bank when I noticed that it expires in SEPTEMBER. D'oh! Sounds like I'll be using it on my new Crocs, or some other pre-trip expense!

I have been on a trip report reading extravaganza lately. If you've written a trip report in the last decade, and I haven't commented on it yet, don't worry, I'm probably in the middle of it! The fact that I was going to be just getting back from my SWW trip about now has made me a little melancohly, so I'm making up for it by trying to live vicariously through others.

That wraps it up for today's update! Things may get boring here while we're waiting for October AP discounts to come out! (Oh man, they better not limit it to just Epcot area resorts again! I'll cry!)

I LOVE your report!! I have a random bit of info for you. I was in my local Michael's today and they had a TON of pirate scrapbooking materials on their clearance rack. I don't know if this is true near you (I live in NC) but you should check it out if you need some more stuff!

Continuing to plan vicariously through you... :)

I LOVE your report!! I have a random bit of info for you. I was in my local Michael's today and they had a TON of pirate scrapbooking materials on their clearance rack. I don't know if this is true near you (I live in NC) but you should check it out if you need some more stuff!

Continuing to plan vicariously through you... :)

Oooh, thanks for the info! The nearest Michaels is about an hour and a half away, but I'll check next time I'm up there!

I :love: mini-Captain Jack.
So sorry about not being able to get Beach Club. I hope you can get a good ap rate when they come out. Wherever you end up, you will still be at Disney with good friends so it will still be great.
134 days :woohoo:

So, Crystal, you don't know me, but I have read all your reports. Great pre-trippie BTW. Hi!

I just convinced my oldest friend to take a girls only trip to the World in January 2008. She is having some marital issues, and I suggested the only thing I could think of to cheer her up - DISNEY! And, surpisingly, she agreed (she has two young kids too). Anyway, as soon as she said yes, I thought of you. Which is weird, frankly, since I don't know you. But, I was thinking of all your fun trips and your plans, and the fun stuff you are doing during the planning. I just sent her an autograph book decorated in stickers (she lives 4 hours away), and am thinking of other fun stuff to send her. So, I will be watching your thread for more ideas - so thanks!

Enjoying the report as usual. You are really creative, I love your great ideas!

You mentioned you have been reading a lot of Trip Reports lately - can you recommend a few great ones? I am already reading tons but i'm looking for some new ones and there are just so many sometimes I don't even know where to begin!

So, Crystal, you don't know me, but I have read all your reports. Great pre-trippie BTW. Hi!

I just convinced my oldest friend to take a girls only trip to the World in January 2008. She is having some marital issues, and I suggested the only thing I could think of to cheer her up - DISNEY! And, surpisingly, she agreed (she has two young kids too). Anyway, as soon as she said yes, I thought of you. Which is weird, frankly, since I don't know you. But, I was thinking of all your fun trips and your plans, and the fun stuff you are doing during the planning. I just sent her an autograph book decorated in stickers (she lives 4 hours away), and am thinking of other fun stuff to send her. So, I will be watching your thread for more ideas - so thanks!

Gotta love a good girls only trip! And there's nothing like planning fun things to send in the mail to make the time go faster! Thanks for reading & commenting, too!

Enjoying the report as usual. You are really creative, I love your great ideas!

You mentioned you have been reading a lot of Trip Reports lately - can you recommend a few great ones? I am already reading tons but i'm looking for some new ones and there are just so many sometimes I don't even know where to begin!

Oh, trip reports, how I love thee! Let me count the ways!

- slk537's "Celebrating 2007..." trip report
- Princess V's "A Croc For All Seasons" trip report
-DisneyObsessive's SWW trip report

And not a trip report, but Brenda has started her "Food that was not Undelicious" dining review over on the food board!

I had to pop in here and let you know that Plankton's new, favorite WDW resort is the Polynesian!

It's like vacation mascot nirvana!!! :rotfl2:

And thanks for the recommendation there... I just posted an update! ;)

Hope your friend feels better soon. :flower3:

Just checking in to see how the planning was going.....and to bump you off of page 2!! :)

Hooha! I made a cameo in your pretrip! That's the stuff of dreams, I'm telling you.

I can't tell you how much fun it is following along with your Disneyween trip-planning escapades. I still cannot believe you have business cards. And a myspace. You guys are definitely doing it up right! :dance3:

P.S
Don't you just love how the wee Sparrow is so delightfully travel-sized? pirate:

only up to page 2, but I must say... I love your style!
subscribing to be able to keep up with the plans :cool1:

Hey there! I just have to say that your pre-trippie is awesome dawesome!

I love all your mascots! (I've always got an AG doll along w/ me ;) ) Especially the new mini Jack Sparrow...perfect for the type of pirate party you're embarking on!

(P.S. I love your username! The Poly is my fav place at WDW :thumbsup2 )

:rolleyes1

Update... bread crumb.. anything hehe

No bread, but I have some of those mini Hersheys bars I can share! ;)

I got to see the fabulous Ms Kellylou on Monday- the first time I've seen her in 2 years! She was passing through town, so I got her a room at the hotel where I work. We didn't get much time to hang out, but she'll be back on Tuesday, so we may get a chance to talk Disney trips! We did get to talk about it briefly, and I explained the whole DVC being sold out thing, and suggested some other places we might stay- (Quoth Kelly- "This whole points thing makes me confused in the head!")

I have to admit the fact that ALL DVC places are booked for our dates (Well, I think there was something like ONE 1br @ SSR left) makes me worry about crowd levels. I'm hoping it's just a redistribution of people, though- ie more people staying DVC than usual because of Food & Wine.

We did decide that we must spend at least one afternoon by the pool with drinks doing nothing, which is something I always intend to do, but never really have, so perhaps this is finally the year!

We also decided on making as few ADRs as possible. We both hate the idea of having to be at a certain place at a certain time, when we aren't even sure we'll be hungry for that type of food. And we're both fans of places that are about the experience (ie Prime Time, Sci Fi, RFC).

I had to go to the mall today, so I set off on a Croc-finding expedition, and while several stores had Beach and Athens, and even the new Cleo ones, nobody had the ones I'm looking for! (Capri, I think?). I tried the Cleos on, and while cute, I don't think they would be as comfy as my Athens. The jury is still out, though!

I should have more to share next week if we get a chance to plan!

only up to page 2, but I must say... I love your style!
subscribing to be able to keep up with the plans :cool1:

I just noticed the countdown in your sig- concierge at my favorite resort! I need to go read your repot! (And thanks for reading!)

Hey there! I just have to say that your pre-trippie is awesome dawesome!

I love all your mascots! (I've always got an AG doll along w/ me ;) ) Especially the new mini Jack Sparrow...perfect for the type of pirate party you're embarking on!

(P.S. I love your username! The Poly is my fav place at WDW :thumbsup2 )

The mascots seem to keep multiplying! First there was just Stitch, then Stitch and Crocky, and now Stitch, Crocky, Jack, and the Focker Crocker that we get for the week!

Just checking in to see how the planning was going.....and to bump you off of page 2!! :)

Thanks for bumping me up from the depths! Page 2 is scary!

Hooha! I made a cameo in your pretrip! That's the stuff of dreams, I'm telling you.

I can't tell you how much fun it is following along with your Disneyween trip-planning escapades. I still cannot believe you have business cards. And a myspace. You guys are definitely doing it up right! :dance3:

P.S
Don't you just love how the wee Sparrow is so delightfully travel-sized? pirate:

The cards, myspace, etc, are also known as "Way too much time on our hands". And we LOVE travel sized for your convenience Jack!!!

:lmao: Fuzzy Disney Physics, anyone?! :lmao:

Thinking happy Oct. rates for you...

Disney Math has branched out to Disney Physics! I see an online university in the future!

Disney Math 101: Yes, $180 is a cheap hotel room.
Disney Math 104: DDP and You: How to always know what date is exactly 180 days from now (suggested to be taken with DM 105)
Disney math 105: DDP and You- Part 2: Figuring out what you are going to be in the mood to eat six months from now, and how much it would cost.

ARRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And I don't mean that in the good, Piratey way!)

My desktop computer is dead. I took it in to the people who built it, and they said the hard drive is dead, and they can't recover ANY of my files.

Guess where ALL of my Disney trip planning notes were?

Luckily, all of the photos from my last 3 trips are here on my laptop, but the ones from 2001-2003 are gone, unless I was smart enough to back them up at some point.

I'm heartbroken! I've been wanting to get a bigger hard drive, but not like this!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my news! Now I'm off to try to track down all of the Disney sites I had links to, and try to remember some of the notes I'd made for my trip!

Where did I put the rum?

ARRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And I don't mean that in the good, Piratey way!)

My desktop computer is dead. I took it in to the people who built it, and they said the hard drive is dead, and they can't recover ANY of my files.

Oh, Crystal, I am SO sorry to hear that your computer decided to commit PC suicide -- and even more sorry to learn that the computer geeks aren't able to retrieve any of your files from the hard drive. Is there anyone who can give you a second opinion?

My computer geeks (well, my geeky tech friends, really) have been able to rescue me a couple of times. My little PC demon is nearly 9 years old, and has been clunking along rather faithfully except for a couple of blips about 2 years ago. I ended up replacing the hard drive and adding a tiny bit of extra RAM (which is, of course, obsolete and impossible to find), and that seems to have given the computer an extension on its life.

Why am I babbling? Oh, I wanted to let you know that if there seems to be no way to rescue your files and the hard drive is apparently "dead", remove the hard drive. If you're not pressed for time, I'm happy to accept said hard drive and see if my geeks can help snoop around to uncover any files.

By the way, I'm now a week away from holidays! :banana:

Thanks, Care! I'll have to call the computer store up tomorrow and make sure they hang on to it. I'm starting to come to terms with losing everything (That's one way to get me to clean all the junk out, I guess!), but I'm haunted by the "what if" of losing something important that wasn't backed up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter